PDA

View Full Version : Need quick advice on using Danase polishes with a PC

imported_RedlineIRL
06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
I recently used the Danase SA 1 and 2 with a PC with LC CCS pads on a car hood, but the results were not as good as I expected. Everything seemed to look good at first but then in full light it didn`t look all that great. I tried going over it again, but no difference. I could see some circular marks the diameter of the pad marks form either the pad or polish. It also looks kind of dull in full daylight, from the micromarring I am guessing. I know for sure that I worked everything down properly so this just seems kind of strange, since I have had better results before.

Here is what I started out with

Danase SA 2 on LC CCS orange pad

Danase SA 1 on LC CCS white pad

I used a pad conditioner on both to soften the pad before first timre use, so I don`t think it is from a dry pad. Is the white pad to agressive to be using, can I use a black CCS pad with SA 1?

I am kind of limited right now with just the danase polishes as the only ones I have right now, so I don`t really have any other polishes to try. Can you all give me some advice and ideas on what I can do to get this looking perfect again?

Big Leegr
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I haven`t tried any of them, but if you can`t get any help here, Danase has a forum as well ( Detailing Forums (http://www.detailingforums.com) ). You could ask there and maybe get an answer direct from the owner.

imported_RedlineIRL
06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks I may have to try that

BigJimZ28
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
1.) try less polish and/or try it with out the pad conditioner and see if that helps

2.) are you working on a differnt car, sometimes different polishes just work better on some paints

3.) recheck all your basics, polish area size, pressure, ect..