PDA

View Full Version : classifieds suggestion

Pages : [1] 2

king nothing
06-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Why not make the classified section a regular part of the forums instead of something separate. I think it would be more accessible and more used and would work better for folks looking to buy or sell. This is how it works on every other forum Im on (MANY) and it seems to work well.

602rwtq
06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I agree. This is a convention among message boards but strangely missing here.

BigAl3
06-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Why not make the classified section a regular part of the forums instead of something separate.

it use to be that way...

ta240
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I`ve noticed that people are now advertising items they are selling in the "good deals" section rather than the classified section. I`m sure everyone thinks what they are selling is a good deal but I`m not sure it falls under that category.

king nothing
06-17-2009, 04:50 PM
it use to be that way...Why is it not now? It doesnt make any sense to me. is there a reason? did it become a problem?

BigAl3
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Why is it not now? It doesnt make any sense to me. is there a reason? did it become a problem?

i think when there was the forum upgrade, they made it a seperate section (in which we have now) "classifieds", rather than putting it in with everything else...

craigdt
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Ive been using autopia for a long time and had no idea there was a classifieds section until recently.

I think it would get a lot more traffic it it were made a forum section.

white gecko
06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
I agree, it should be part of the forum, not seperate.

ebang
09-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I was wondering if someone could move the SOLD items, especially the razors, into the archives section so as not to clutter up the classifieds. When I go in for a quick peek at different items I mainly am looking at the pictures and find it disheartening to see a great photo only to look over and see the word "SOLD" in the price column. Moving the SOLD items to the archive would facilitate quicker browsing & shopping for all visitors.

Thanks for considering this suggestion,

Dan
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
I`ve noticed that people are now advertising items they are selling in the "good deals" section rather than the classified section. I`m sure everyone thinks what they are selling is a good deal but I`m not sure it falls under that category.

Yeah, stuff that is $3 less than retail for new... what a deal...lol

XRL
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I liked the classifieds sidebar...

Bobby G
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Made it a true "Classifieds" because it can be categorized and because we wanted the "selling" by shills to stop.

If the issue is "Classifieds is hard to find/keep up with"... I will find a solution to that problem.

The forum is here to support its members (not self-serving shills!)

imported_mobenzowner
09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
My two cents: Many forums do not allow those type of posts at all. In my opinion David is pretty generous with it`s current rules and setup. With that said, I did like it better the old way. :)

Bobby G
09-24-2009, 01:06 PM
With that said, I did like it better the old way. :)

Me, too! We made the change because the Moderators and I felt we were spending too much time policing the classifieds because the scammers, spammers and shills just won`t give up. To get it all to stop, we yanked classifieds out of a threaded forum and prevent noobs from posting links until they get 10 posts under their belt. Now, the Moderator job is easier and we rarely see a spam post (if you saw how many get stuck in the Moderator queue, it would scare you :nervous2:).

:hifive:

Now, in no way to I want to prevent members from selling and swapping their stuff. I think it`s great.

Work with me so I can make it better for the community (not the scammers and spammers) and not make it worse for the Moderators.

:heelclick

JeffM
09-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I dunno, is there a way to have a spot only people who have so many posts or have been a member so long can view?