PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good combo to use?

bigmike667
06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey

I was wondering if this is a good combination to use.

My car is old, so the paint is somewhat dull and has minor scratches in the paint, etc. etc. over 30 year old car. And single stage paint. I was wondering is this a good combo to be using. The paint is black.

Meguiars Gold Class car wash

Meguiars Clay Bar

Meguairs Hand Polish

Meguairs Show Car Glaze

Yellow Carnuaba Wax

Would apprecicate opinions greatly.

Thanks,

Please keep in mind that this has to be done by hand as well, I don`t have a polisher.

craigdt
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Which Megs hand polish?

Id reccomend something like Ultimate Compound or ScratchX 2 to remove scratches by hand.

But everything else looks fine.

bigmike667
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I was thinking of that M81 Hand Polish Or should I use scratchX 2 polish instead?

If I do those following steps, do you think I would get a good shine out of the paint?

craigdt
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
M81 is more of a glaze.

I personally would use UC or or ScratchX 2, or swirl X if you want something a bit less abrasive.

Follow that process, and then you will get a good shine.

bigmike667
06-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Great, Thanks,

I may just get that Ultimate Compound then. I will do some research between UC and Scratchx2 and make my final decision for which polish I will use.

Edit:

Okay, I have made my decision. Chose the Ultimate Compound. These will be my choices.

Meguiars Gold Class car wash or Crystal Car wash (depends on the price)

Meguiars Clay Bar

Meguairs Ultimate Compound

Meguairs Show Car Glaze

Yellow Carnuaba Wax

If I use Ultimate Compound, should I still Clay Bar the car?

Accumulator
06-08-2009, 11:07 AM
..I may just get that Ultimate Compound then. I will do some research between UC and Scratchx2 and make my final decision for which polish I will use.

Edit:

Okay, I have made my decision. Chose the Ultimate Compound. These will be my choices.

Meguiars Gold Class car wash or Crystal Car wash (depends on the price)

Meguiars Clay Bar

Meguairs Ultimate Compound

Meguairs Show Car Glaze

Yellow Carnuaba Wax

If I use Ultimate Compound, should I still Clay Bar the car?

Yeah, clay it. Claying and polishing/etc. are different and accomplish different things.

I`d use some milder polish after the UC; I wouldn`t just rely on the glaze to hide the micromarring from the UC. UC will probably finish out pretty well, but I`d want it a lot better before moving on to the #7 and the wax.

Oh, and *NO WAY* would I use Deep Crystal shampoo on anything I cared about...a few pennies aren`t worth more wash-induced marring. Even Gold Class is a bit iffy IMO and I use much better stuff than that. Even Meg`s #62 would be an improvement; it`s not bad stuff.

bigmike667
06-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey

thanks for the reply.

I bought the Deep crystal already, oops. I will give it a try though, but I did buy a new chamois and wash mit.

I also had to buy Scratch X2 instead of UC, the damn store didn`t have UC. So hopefully scratchx 2 is good enough.