PDA

View Full Version : Scuff Marks!!!

itshines
06-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Just Curious How Everyone Is Removing The Scuff Marks Off Of Cars? I Have A Black Jeep I Have To Detail Next Week And It Has White Scuff Marks On It! The Marks Seem Extra Deep If That Makes Any Since?

Setec Astronomy
06-07-2009, 07:53 AM
What is your normal method for this?

brwill2005
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
If it IS just a scuff, it should not be in the paint, but rather on top of it. If it is in the paint it is a scratch. Surprisingly, a damp MF towel can remove many scuffs. If that does not work a mild polish by hand should do the trick. If it is a scratch, that needs to be polished out via machine.

Accumulator
06-07-2009, 10:07 AM
itshines-Clarification please, what exactly do you mean by a "scuff mark"? Sorry, it`s just a bit too vague for me to figure out your meaning...but it sounds kinda bad to me.

beaurogel81
06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
like scuff as in off roading and `scuffing` against brush and trees? like will said, a mild polish or 2 in 1 with an applicator pad should get it off with a little elbow grease..

itshines
06-07-2009, 08:29 PM
well you wont get white scuff marks from a tree will ya? anyway it looks to be from a building maybe? it just looked a little harder to get off than normal.. thanks for the tips!

Barry Theal
06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Well to me it sound like paint tranfer from another vehicle? or a parking lot pole? something along them lines. if that is what it is. the way i do it is first remove the trafered paint. 99 percent of the time some good ole laquer thinner on a rag will remove it quickly. next you will wanna fix any damage underneath the scuff. hence you can do this by touch up if needed or a light to mild compound then a polish will fix it do a ipa wipedon and aplly a lsp. good luck if you need more advice pm me i can get real specific for ya.

craigdt
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
well you wont get white scuff marks from a tree will ya?

Believe it or not, there are some white trees out there.

It could be paint from another vehicle or a building like you said.

Its hard to tell from your vauge descriptions but Id try a claybar

itshines
06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
thx for the advice bufferbarry..