PDA

View Full Version : How to

karolra10
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
How do i clean a carpet in a car. And what tools and supplies do i need. Thank you

Jason M
06-06-2009, 07:23 PM
The basics are a good APC, a carpet brush (firm nylon), and a strong wet/dry vac.

The steps:

1. Vacuum to remove any loose dirt

2. Spray your APC of choice on a small area and scrub away with your bursh. Start with a small area to be sure the APC doesn`t remove the dye from the carpet.

3. Vacuum away

4. Repeat as necessary

5. For really bad spots it may work better to soak up some of the mess with terry cloth towels before you vacuum.

Accumulator
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
karolra10- Hot water/chemicals work better than cool. Some stains respond a lot better to certain products than they do to other products. Some carpets are more fragile than others.

Some stains simply won`t ever come out.

I prefer to use pro carpet-cleaing products instead of APC, but sometimes I`m working on carpets where I don`t want an "oops!" so maybe I`m erring on the side of caution.

Note that the smaller the opening in the wet/dry vacuum`s nozzle, the easier it is to get more moisture out.

All-in-all it`s not too different from cleaning the carpets/rugs in your house.

Note that David Fermani does his (*VERY* impressive!) carpet work *without* an extractor/wet-vac! It might be worth the dreaded search (or something..) to check out how he does it...primarily a matter of using cotton towels IIRC.

EDIT: Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Got Wax
06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
You do it like this and these are also the materials.:woot:
How do i clean a carpet in a car. And what tools and supplies do i need. Thank you