PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

imported_broker99
06-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I am in the process of getting a friend’s ‘04 Altima ready for him to sell. The plan is to remove RIDS and go over the rest of the car with glaze seal it and apply a coat of wax. The trunk lid is a mess the clear coat is hazy and there are a lot of scratches. On the rear window pillar I noticed the clear coat has failed. Nissan`s clear is already soft. I do not have a paint meter so I am afraid that the clear coat is thin on the trunk lid as well. Do you think that I would be pushing it even with a mild polish on a white pad? I can post some pictures if that would help. Thanks for the input.

Got Wax
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
If the clear has obviously degenerated on other panels on the car, I would say you are waisting your time. No offense but, the old saying, "You can polish a turd but, it`s still a turd" applies here. The best route, IMO, would be to just clean it up and protect what you can with a bit of wax. If you go trying to feather in where the clear has exposed paint, you`re going to be chasing the edge until you have striped what little is left of the clear. For what it would cost him to have you try and cover it up, he could get a Maaco paint job.

Just my opinion.