PDA

View Full Version : Forgot...476S = dust magnet

Poordude
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
It,s been a while since I used 476S on my vehicles as it works great on my boat. I put a coat on today over the twins(Klasse) & could not believe the coating of dust I had 1 hour later. It changed the shine vs klasse and man does it attract dust!! 3 hours after it is absolutely coated in dust. The klasse stuff just seems to shed dust in same conditions. Might just save 476 for the boat & keep coating ksg over the kaio.

imported_detail1
06-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Use FK 425 QD after 476 to limit dust.

Poordude
06-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I used megs uqd & still got a crapload of dust.

Legacy
06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
FK425 is antistatic. It won`t stop the dust, but it will slow it down. Plus it puts on a great shine.

imported_wagonproject
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Never had a problem with 476 on my blue and black cars.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe it`s just cuz it`s pollen season and you gave the car a fresh static charge by polishing off the 476 residue.

Poordude
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Pollen season??? We might get some snow tonite!!!!

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Whaddya, in the southern hemisphere?

salty
06-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Snow possible in my area too.

Any ways, don`t judge a wax or sealant by the first day. After the first wash it should give an indication of it`s performance.

phamkl
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Have you thought about discharging the static charge on your car? I don`t think this is entirely in my head and at the very least it couldn`t hurt but every time I wax/buff my car I grab a hold of something metal - usually the latch holder in the door jamb since it`s bare metal - and then touch my toe to the ground and hold it there for 2 seconds.

I also have this little grounding rig. I stripped a wire at two ends and taped on end to the floor and the other end I jamb under a magnet that I attach to a lug nut so it`s constantly discharging while I detail. Give this a shot.

944obscene
06-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, never heard of discharging any static charge from a vehicle durring a detail. Interesting, because I cleaned and polished my car last night, then waxed it this morning. On the drive to work ALONE, I had accumulated enough dust to ruin the glamor of the reflection. I was yelling obscenities (in my head!) on my way into work.

salty
06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Have you thought about discharging the static charge on your car? I don`t think this is entirely in my head and at the very least it couldn`t hurt but every time I wax/buff my car I grab a hold of something metal - usually the latch holder in the door jamb since it`s bare metal - and then touch my toe to the ground and hold it there for 2 seconds.

I also have this little grounding rig. I stripped a wire at two ends and taped on end to the floor and the other end I jamb under a magnet that I attach to a lug nut so it`s constantly discharging while I detail. Give this a shot.

Used to do that back in the day, when compounding with wool pads. Never did notice much of a difference.

bdh2009
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM
I`ve never had an issue with 476 in what has been till recent rain a very dry and dusty envirnment - although I have always finished with a PB Spray & Gloss.