PDA

View Full Version : I`ve had it with Stoner`s Invisible Glass

Pages : [1] 2

imported_RZJZA80
06-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I`ve sung it`s praises myself before, when I thought it was doing a good job, but I`ve come to realize it only does a good job if the glass is spotless to begin with.

My problem is the tiny water spots on glass, whether there already or brand new, aren`t being removed or even lessened by Stoner`s. Any suggestions, besides actually polishing the glass? I want to try to stick with OTC items, maybe something is a bit stronger?

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I always found KAIO to work really well on light water spots...sorry that`s not OTC. If you`ve got hard water spots--once they "fossilize" they are going to be difficult to remove. You could try a chemical method, vinegar, or if Duragloss products are OTC to you, they have a waterspot remover. If you try the vinegar (white distilled vinegar) soak a towel (paper or other) with it so it has a long dwell time. Soaking in vinegar actually took a lot of deposits off of my foam gun parts for me.

EDIT: I meant to add that you could also try some of those household mineral removers like Lime Away or CLR, just be careful not to get them anywhere but the glass, and rinse off thoroughly.

Dsoto87
06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
They sell klasse at NAPA auto parts.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Never was crazy about SIG to begin with.......

David Fermani
06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I wouldn`t think glass cleaner is the meant to remove water spots to begin with. It`s not the product`s fault. Many times those spots don`t get removed by hand washing with a car wash soap, I doubt glass cleaner will kick the cleaning process into overdrive. Anything abrasive (like a medium polish/KAIO) should do the trick and add a little protection so it won`t happen again immediately down the road.

WaxManRonnie
06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Try 3M Adhesive Remover. No BS I tried it by accident on

outside glass removing some stickers. The window was cleaner than I

have ever seen.

4fit?
06-05-2009, 10:03 AM
If you can find it locally, Duragloss NuGlass is excellent.

imported_Ivan Rajic
06-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I too think you expect(ed) too much from IG... it removes pretty much any normal dirt, grease, etc. flawlessly and leaves no streaking whatsoever... for waterspots, you need a stronger chemical cleaner or polish, and like Setec I`ve found KAIO to work great on restoring glass

imported_RZJZA80
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
thanks guys, I have plenty of KAIO so I`ll try that method first.

armoredsaint
06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Never was crazy about SIG to begin with.......

+1, i use it to clean my desk now :woohoo:

Rhino
06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I used SIG on a 50 foot Sea Ray today and it removed the water spots just fine. I think if you live near the ocean where there`s alot of salt in the rain, you can get irreversable water spots on glass.. But actually, I think glass polish would remove the etching caused by such rain.

qwkgtp
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I just bought my first can of IG this week. I`ve had good success with it so far.

I`m looking into the Diamondite glass restorer right now to get it good and clean and then I`ll throw some type of protection on there so I don`t have to restore again.

chml17l
06-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Try Bon Ami or Barkeeper`s Friend. You can find those at most supermarkets.

citizen arcane
06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
+1 for Barkeeper`s Friend:bigups

OCDinPDX
06-06-2009, 06:02 PM
The only Stoner`s product I buy is Trim Shine. Makes engines look AMAZING!