PDA

View Full Version : Favorite hand applied products?

Pages : [1] 2

BostonBull
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
As the title says what are some of your favorite NON machine applied products? I am looking for 1 stage or multi stage recommendations.

I am looking to remove light scratch/spider webs. I know this wont be a be all end all. I am also looking for long term protection.

ToadWart
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
meg`s scratchx 1.0/2.0, swirlx, and ultimate compound

craigdt
06-04-2009, 09:04 PM
^^ Bingo. Theres your ticket.

Followed up by some Collinite for durability

BostonBull
06-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys for the help!

Could I use Z5 in plaace of the swirlx and UC?

Any other products that anyone likes for hand application?

Poordude
06-05-2009, 07:02 PM
definately the klasse twins

Kean
06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys for the help!

Could I use Z5 in plaace of the swirlx and UC?

Any other products that anyone likes for hand application? ....Z-5 is a non-abrasive filler/sealant. It does a good job at hiding light scratches/blemishes but will do nothing to remove them. They will eventually re-appear as the product wears off.

JohnKleven
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
HD Cleanse does a really nice job. Doesn`t do too much if you have a lot of scratches, but it gives a nice deep shine.

John

BostonBull
06-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Picked up Scratchx 2.0, and swirlx.

Can these be topped with Z2 or Z5 with good results, or will they not bond together?

Accumulator
06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
..Can these be topped with Z2 or Z5 with good results, or will they not bond together?

Might oughta do an IPA wipe to make sure there aren`t any Trade Secret Oils or somesuch left behind.

Any other products that anyone likes for hand application?

M105, M205, M80, and most anything from 1Z. The old 3M PI-III twins (RC 05933 and MG 05937) are very good by hand but are hard to find these days.

BostonBull
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
[quote name=`Accumulator`]Might oughta do an IPA wipe to make sure there aren`t any Trade Secret Oils or somesuch left behind.

Recommend something else that may bond better, and still give long lasting protection? This is my wifes DD.

Accumulator
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
..Recommend something else that may bond better, and still give long lasting protection? This is my wifes DD.

If I were doing a car with the Meg`s stuff for somebody`s daily driver I`d probably just use Collinite wax for the LSP. The 845 is idiot-proof, the 476S is incredibly durable. I use those over "leaves-stuff-behind"polishes quite often and they both work great for this sort of application.

For forgiving of minor flaws than sealants are too ;)

BostonBull
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I like to use the best of everything. Before finding this site i thought I was! Now I see awesome brands like; Zaino, Poorboys, Klasse, Menzerna, Optimum, etc etc

I have a B & D #6138 Poloisher, I havent a clue how to polish though!

I would like to do my wifes car, 2006 Metallic black Accord, by hand and see what we come out with.

I have:

Megs ScratchX 2.0

Megs SwirlX

Megs Gold Class wax

Megs NXT Liquid Tech Wax

Megs Cleaner WaxMegs Quick Detailer

Megs Clay

Megs Soft Wash Gel

Megs NXT Wash

Megs X3030 Sponge.....same as a GS?

I have tons of other odds and ends from people over the years. My wife and her family love to buy me detailing products!

BostonBull
06-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I need to get:

a good APC for doing wheels, wells, jams, engine, etc(optimum?)

applicator pads

MF Towels (Cobra Shamrocks 750? Buy 3 get 3 free $29.95)

Leather conditioner (Woolite for cleaner)

missing anything?

Accumulator
06-07-2009, 11:06 AM
BostonBull- I`d want to use a better shampoo than that, and I wouldn`t wash with that Meg`s sponge either. But as for doing the polishing by hand you should be OK. You might find Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound handy if the Scrach-x v2.0 isn`t as aggressive as you`d like.

BostonBull
06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I was going to use the rest, and then buy something new. if its that bad ill order the new stuff this weekend with my towels and APC.

Shampoo:

PB SSS

Zaino

Optimum

APC:

Megs APC+

Optimum

??????