PDA

View Full Version : How hard is 1993 Audi Clear?

Saleenfan
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Im gonna be detailing my freinds 93 Audi S4 in the near future so i want to know how hard the clear typically is, BTW if it helps its the dark green (same color as the S8 from Ronin). And info would be a great help.

Jason M
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I worked on an early 90`s S4 last fall. It was soft, WAY soft.

Saleenfan
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM

if you dont mind me asking what combo did you use?

Accumulator
06-04-2009, 08:36 AM

That`s odd...my wife and I had three of those (`94-`96) along with my dad`s `90 V8Q, and I currently take care of an older friend`s `93 V8Q. All were/are on the medium-hard side, but no, they`re not as hard as our `00/`01 Audis. More like the typical GM that`s on my Yukon.

Saleenfan- In case the one you`re working on is similar to my experiences, here`s what I used on the `93 the last time I did it:

For the sorta-serious initial correction I used PC/3.5" PFW/1Z Pasta Intensiv (this was before I got M105). Followed that with some additional passes via Cyclo with green pads and HT-HC. Finished up with the Cyclo/green/1Z HG.

I tried milder combos (e.g., 3M PI-III RC 05933)and they didn`t o anything...typical Audi-clear resistance to mild compounds/pads. Back when the S4/S8es were our daily drivers I had to get pretty aggressive with them, doing correction via Cyclo (in the pre-M105 days) was a real PIA.

If anything weird comes up, post back and I`ll try to jog my memory enough to help with a solution. We had those cars for a *LONG* time, so I had plenty of practice on them. Heh heh, Accumulatorette would still be driving her `94 S4 had some chick not rear-ended it in a big way.