PDA

View Full Version : Probably Polishing a 2006 Mustang Need Advice ....

imported_RyansAutoDetail
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I am going to be getting a black 06 mustang probably tomorrow to polish and wax and need some input asap .

From the description from the client it has pretty rough shape exterior looks as in swiry and scratching that is obviously noticeable as it is black and he wants it as best possible on the outside

i have the following products and polisher

PC7424

4inch PFW, yellow, orange and white pads

6.5inch orange, white, black, blue pads

megs m105

PB SSR2.5

PB propolish

menzerna finishing glaze

nxt2.0

optimum car wax

P21s paste wax

i want to achieve optimum results and am under the impression this paint could be trashed ...

any suggestions anyone ?

imported_RyansAutoDetail
06-03-2009, 12:29 PM
anyone know a plan of attack as i have only upwards of 6 hours with this car .

my windstar mini van took 4 hours but i only did one pass with ssr2.5 and one pass pro polish and one pass menzerna glaze then one wax pass with nxt ..

im thinking a sports coupe should take a similar amount of time even with more attention to detail ... ???

basically i need a method that will work for 99% of the car under 6 hours .

Setec Astronomy
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
The Pb`s Pro Polish is really more of a cleaner and IMO is redundant in this application. I would also question if the Menz glaze is really necessary. I have never used 105 but from what I understand it can finish down almost LSP-ready, so maybe the 105 followed by the Menz glaze? Or 105/SSR2.5 should be fine...at any rate you certainly shouldn`t need 4 steps.

imported_RyansAutoDetail
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
im not looking for four steps im just listing what i have ...

i was looking at the 105 then either the glaze or polish, but would i need both at all ?

Setec Astronomy
06-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I would say one or the other, based on the limited info. Every car is different, and you haven`t even seen this one. Often cars have refinished panels, which may behave completely differently from the rest of the vehicle, etc.