PDA

View Full Version : Gravel Trucks !!!!!

Luster
11-05-2005, 02:51 PM
As soon as I got on the entrance ramp and saw the 2 trucks with full loads of GRAVEL, I new I was screwed !!!!!

If I stayed behind them, I`d get pummeled.
If I went around them, my chances were better (I thought).

Made it around the first truck... Whew!
Second truck NAILED ME WITH A FLYING ROCK!!!!! :gun_banda
RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY HOOD !!! :realmad:

No dent, but chipped to bare metal... I touched it up, but it`s very obvious.

Yes, the loads were covered, but there`s always loose gravel on the top rails of the trucks, and those drivers drive WAY TOO FAST!!

[Rant Over]

TrueDetailer
11-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I hear ya. I find myself always having to pass one. I`ve already had to touch up a few spots . They need to make a law for that kind of thing. something like trucks hauling gravel type materials need a sealed dump bed.

RedSilver
11-05-2005, 06:46 PM
They need to ticket those a**holes!! They should NOT be hauling gravel, if the bed of the truck or trailer is not completely sealed so none can get out. I was driving home from work yesterday and got bombarded from a gravel truck who wouldn`t get out of the fast lane. When I get behind him, he hits a bump, and the rocks flew out from under his tailgate and I tried to get over to avoid them, but it was too late. Put a chip in my windshield. :realmad:

Coastal Eddie
11-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I`ve been nailed countless times and finally got sick of it. The last time it happened I got the companys phone number and called them. They must have had prior claims because my call was transferred to their insurance rep who took my info, then told me to get it fixed and send them the bill. I did and they paid.