PDA

View Full Version : LSP Glass and Glass Cleaner

shadow85
06-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Ok, so I plan to seal my glass with Opti-Seal. I expect good beading. Beading will leave little dirt dots. If I use something like Invisible Glass to clean it, will it defeat the purpose (or negate) of the Opti-Seal? I am using the IG in the purple bottle.

DM101
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
IG may contain alcohol which is a solvent. Probably not good. Why don`t you make up a bottle of ONR to clean your windshield?

gofastman
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
ONR mixed as a QD makes an excelent glass cleaner, it also makes water sheet off very well.

shadow85
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
ONR mixed as a QD makes an excelent glass cleaner, it also makes water sheet off very well.

Hmmm. I remember making ONR QD once. The blue went away after like a day. So how long does the mixture last?

Patek14
06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Hmmm. I remember making ONR QD once. The blue went away after like a day. So how long does the mixture last?

This should not affect performance. The ONR blue dye fades very quickly once the solution is diluted. However, I recall from the optimum forums that even though the dye fades, all the fit and function of the product remains.

I only use ONR for my QD and I rarely use it when it still has color.