PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax?

armoredsaint
06-01-2009, 08:35 PM
This product looks very interesting and I am tempted to order it- worth it or not for $35 for a very small 50ml?

Or should I just stick with using Zaino CS and Z-8 or similar on my wheels?

https://www.detailersdomain.com/ProductImages/swissvaxrev1/swissvax_autobahn.jpg

Setec Astronomy
06-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Man, you got the itch, eh?

armoredsaint
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Man, you got the itch, eh?

not sure if the itch is good or bad! maybe it`s all the subliminal messaging i see from swissvax :D

your insights?

Dsoto87
06-01-2009, 08:48 PM
If your questioning whether its worth it than you know in your mind it may not be.

Me personally I don`t think its worth it. 35 for less than 2 ounces of product is up there. But I guess so is the rest of the swissvax line.

I don`t have the money nor can I justify the purchase. I`m a bargain hunter and with that 35 I`m sure I could find some other product that will be larger in size and probably have more uses.

I guess if you want to feel like your putting something exclusive on your wheels and treating it to the "best" than go for it.

armoredsaint
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
good point dsoto87 since i spent over $200 on zaino products last month :D

Setec Astronomy
06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
not sure if the itch is good or bad! maybe it`s all the subliminal messaging i see from swissvax :D

your insights?

My insight is I have more detailing products than I`ll ever be able to use. I wish I had just one or two products in each category instead of 6 or 8. Some of the best stuff I have is Zaino and if that`s working for you I`d stick with that. OTOH if you`ve still got cabinet space and money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it man!

armoredsaint
06-01-2009, 09:02 PM
My insight is I have more detailing products than I`ll ever be able to use. I wish I had just one or two products in each category instead of 6 or 8. Some of the best stuff I have is Zaino and if that`s working for you I`d stick with that. OTOH if you`ve still got cabinet space and money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it man!

hey setec, what do you think about Zaino PC? i was thinking about getting a bottle tomorrow to remove minor buffer trails left by my idiot car dealer? btw, we have a nissan dealer here that sells the whole zaino line too! :clap:

Setec Astronomy
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Z-PC is good stuff. Dunno if it`s better or more cost-effective than any other polish, but it`s worked for the stuff I`ve used it for.

jordanrossbell
06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I think you should stick with something else, less than 2 oz of product, thats pretty high..

trhland
06-02-2009, 03:44 AM
i have it . and its nice a little goes a long way. easy on easy off . leaving the wheels nice and slick and added gloss. very nice product .

Deanski
06-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Just use the Zaino CS, quick application and no wipe.

Don`t know what`s in that Swissvax "Wheel wax" but if it is a wax base, no sense in getting it as any wax on a wheel will not last long due to heating from brakes.

Z-PC, that stuff works very well in correction which surprized me. I can use that and Z-AIO and go straight to Z5/Z2.

Anyway, don`t buy the Swissvax, just way overpriced for a "wax" only for wheels. Stick with what you have.

Deanski

Eisen Hulk
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
If you`re wanting something for wheels, I`d go with FK 1000P, Rejex, Z-CS, or Opti-Seal.

Pats300zx
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Just use the Zaino CS, quick application and no wipe.

Thats what I use on all my wheels. Can`t get any easier than that.

tom p.
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
If you`re wanting something for wheels, I`d go with FK 1000P

+1.

FK1 1000p is a home run on wheels and makes `em look great. Give it a try :)