PDA

View Full Version : 08 BMW M3 Jerez Black, G110 & Menzerna, Need recommendations!

PorscheRacer
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Looks like my thread from last week was a victim of the server crash.

I’m working on my 08 BMW M3 sedan in Jerez Black. The car has moderate swirls and spider webs all over.

After doing a lot of research, I ordered the following items:

Meguairs G110 DA Polisher

Menzerna Intensive Polish

Menzerna Final Polish

5.5” CCS Orange pads

5.5” CCS White pad

5.5” CCS Gray pad

5.5” CCS Red pad

Ultima PGP

I also ordered a new wash mitt that will only get used for the top surfaces of the car and I’m already using the two bucket wash system. Also got some Sonus Der Wunder drying towels to replace my current synthetic chamois which I can’t help but think cause scratches.

I’m anxious to try the PGP as it seems to good to be true but we’ll see. I’ve previously used Mothers FX Synwax for sealant and Blitz wax for Carnuba shine. My priority is daily driver durability for the wax/sealant.

So now that I’m armed, where do I start? I’ve read that BMW paint is super soft and I believe it from the spider webs on the car.

I’m thinking start by trying FP on the white pad and see what that does. From there, step up to IP on the white pad. If still in need of correction, IP on the orange pad.

Am I wasting my time with FP on the white pad? Will that have enough cut to do anything?

Assuming I do end up needing IP on the orange pad, which pad do I use for the FP?

I have some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Would that be a good idea to use after the polishing and before the sealant?

Thanks for all the help!!! :2thumbs:

PorscheRacer
06-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Anyone?

:thx!

HLxDrummer
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Well as I`m sure you have heard before, start with the least aggressive method first. I`m not familiar with those products, but I would practice on one of your cars first to see how they work.

Then I would start with FP on white like you said. It probably won`t have much cut, but if the paint is soft you should be extra careful and start with something mild. Then maybe try IP on the white pad and if that isn`t enough try it on the orange.

Make sure you read up a lot on how to see when the polish breaks down/etc. if you don`t know already (don`t mean to offend you or anything if you`ve been doing this for years). I just ordered my G110 last night and I`ve learned a lot on these boards and from it`s vendors.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

P.S. I`m a pretty inexperienced detailer, these are just my opinions from what I have read here so far so take it with a grain of salt :)

NetBoy
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Start with least aggressive.

I`m not familiar with the pads and polisher so do a search.

One tip is to check your work. make sure to completely wipe/wash off the polish and check in direct sunlight to see if the swirls are gone. Don`t go crazy using all types of polishes and pads.

Let us know how it goes. I have a 08 M3 Jerez Black that has a few swirls.

GS4_Fiend
06-02-2009, 11:17 AM
When you use the SIP, after that you would get light marring because the polish was not broken down enough. Do you just polish it again without add more product?

HLxDrummer
06-02-2009, 03:58 PM
When you use the SIP, after that you would get light marring because the polish was not broken down enough. Do you just polish it again without add more product?

I was watching a video last night and it said if there is hazing/marring then you need to break the product down more. He just used the stuff that was already on the finish, he didn`t add more. He also gave me the impression that once it clears up a little you can move on to a least aggressive product to finish the job and work it until it turns clear.

Pros, is this correct?

GoudyL
06-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Mother`s Prewax cleaner on a white pad, and then FX Synwax on a different white pad.