PDA

View Full Version : 08 BMW M3 Jerez Black, G110 & Menzerna, Need recommendations!

PorscheRacer
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Looks like my thread from last week was a victim of the server crash.

I’m working on my 08 BMW M3 sedan in Jerez Black. The car has moderate swirls and spider webs all over.

After doing a lot of research, I ordered the following items:

Meguairs G110 DA Polisher

Menzerna Intensive Polish

Menzerna Final Polish

5.5” CCS Orange pads

5.5” CCS White pad

5.5” CCS Gray pad

5.5” CCS Red pad

Ultima PGP

I also ordered a new wash mitt that will only get used for the top surfaces of the car and I’m already using the two bucket wash system. Also got some Sonus Der Wunder drying towels to replace my current synthetic chamois which I can’t help but think cause scratches.

I’m anxious to try the PGP as it seems to good to be true but we’ll see. I’ve previously used Mothers FX Synwax for sealant and Blitz wax for Carnuba shine. My priority is daily driver durability for the wax/sealant.

So now that I’m armed, where do I start? I’ve read that BMW paint is super soft and I believe it from the spider webs on the car.

I’m thinking start by trying FP on the white pad and see what that does. From there, step up to IP on the white pad. If still in need of correction, IP on the orange pad.

Am I wasting my time with FP on the white pad? Will that have enough cut to do anything?

Assuming I do end up needing IP on the orange pad, which pad do I use for the FP?

I have some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Would that be a good idea to use after the polishing and before the sealant?

Thanks for all the help!!! :2thumbs: