PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

mkpedboy
05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi all, new to the site, hope to learn alot from all of you.

I have a friend with a recently painted ferrari red honda civic hatch. He is entering the car into its first show soon and I told him I would pitch in and do the exterior prep for him. I am doing things by hand because im not comfortable with a PC yet. this paint is about 2 months old. what would you do if you were preparing this car by hand? thank you!

craigdt
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM
I would get a PC. Its made for idiots like us :D

But seriously, tell us what kind of shape its in and what you hope to achieve. Exactly how old is the paint?

mkpedboy
06-01-2009, 12:51 AM
the paint is about two months old. it good condition. I have never really worked on red paint. luckily its brand new paint. I use mothers clay, reflections wax and top coat with their paint cleaner from the 3 step system on my DD black rsx-s and it always looks sick, 02 with perfect looking paint. I want this red car to reflect as well, or as close as i can get, to how well my freshly waxed black looks. I was thinking this for the civic if I decide to do it by hand. the new paint really is very smooth.

dawn wash

clay bar

wash with california gold wash

mothers paint cleaner/prep

reflections wax

2 coats of top coat

then go over it with a quick detailer when we arrive at the show

im open to any and all suggestions.

GS4_Fiend
06-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Seriously invest in a PC. If you use the correct pads. You can almost not do it wrong. Make sure the product you use on the PC is compatible.