PDA

View Full Version : How can Zaino-CS not strip Z2?

LouisanaJeeper
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
I have read that ZCS will not strip Z2 and will bond OK. I have also read it is OK for plastic.

I find a hard time buying this, with Z-CS apparent high solvent content. It seems like this would easily strip anything below and may tend to dry out some plastic trim. Does anyone have any experience proving or disproving this assumption?

armoredsaint
05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
go to their website.

LouisanaJeeper
05-31-2009, 08:05 PM
yes, read it already

Setec Astronomy
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Maybe the solvent is water. Besides, what makes you think it has a high solvent content, anyway? I really don`t remember it having a solventy smell. Besides, all of the WOWA`s are supposed to be able to go over other waxes/sealants.

LouisanaJeeper
05-31-2009, 08:38 PM
did my own test over majic marker and grease pencil

Scottwax
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
did my own test over majic marker and grease pencil

Every LSP I have ever used will remove or at least reduce tar specks. Not big on layering or topping anyway so it really doesn`t matter to me. Not sure the ability to remove grease or magic marker means that Z-CS will in any way harm a cured sealant it is being applied over.

06c350sport
06-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I have read that ZCS will not strip Z2 and will bond OK. I have also read it is OK for plastic.

I find a hard time buying this, with Z-CS apparent high solvent content. It seems like this would easily strip anything below and may tend to dry out some plastic trim. Does anyone have any experience proving or disproving this assumption?

Layering Z-CS seems unnecessary. It looks identical to Z2, and on my cars seems to last just as long, so bother with Z2?