PDA

View Full Version : NXT tech Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Nick1214
05-31-2009, 05:28 PM
I just bought Meguires NXT Techwax 2.0. I have 15 layers of zaino built up on my car. Can I use this to top the zaino?

I am also going to correct a black Honda Pilot will this wax make the paint pop more or should I just use zaino on it?

What is I use this on the Pilot and then I want to zaino it will the zaino bond?

Thanks

FordFan2009
05-31-2009, 06:11 PM
NXT does have some cleaners in it but are they strong enough to take off 15 layers oa zaino? probably not, but why would you want to top zaino with NXT? I would just stick with the zaino if you already have it. The zaino should bond to the NXT I`d let it cure 24 hrs though and do a z6 wipe down. IMO Putting NXT over Zaino is like dipping a gold bar in poop.

RTexasF
05-31-2009, 06:14 PM
It is not a wax in any way shape or form. It is a sealant with mild cleaning properties. In my opinion this will not compliment 15 layers of Zaino. Wrong product for your previous layers. Give it away.

Tasty
05-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Fifteen layers?? Is that even really possible?

craigdt
05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes you can.

But why?

and 15 layers is very possible.

WaxManRonnie
05-31-2009, 06:59 PM
If you can`t get the paint to "pop" from 15 layers of the best **** in the World, I know 1 coat of an over the counter product won`t.

Leave it.

Deanski
05-31-2009, 07:08 PM
If you`re not happy with the gloss from Zaino, then it`s n ot the Zaino, it`s what`s under it.

You really have to polish out a finish to the point it looks like it alreasy has an LSP. Further polishing to "jewel" the finish will make any LSP that much better.

If you want more depth, just top with plain old wax. The wax will add a bit more depth and wetness. It will wear off quickly, bit that`s OK. Just wash with Z7 and it should be gone, then Z6 to whatever Zaino you`re using, followed with Z8.

But, in my opinion, it`s the finish holding you back, not the sealant as any sealant only highlights what`s under it.

Regards,

Deanski

Nick1214
05-31-2009, 07:22 PM
I don`t think i described it the right way.

I have a Honda Civic that I use to drive 120 miles a day(08 leather nav) and I layered a bunch of zaino when it was new and have done a few coats since. On that car the paint is perfect not showing any swirls under 1000 watts of halogens. Although it is silver it does have a nice pop to it with the metallic flake. On this car I wanted durability over looks because it gets hit with a lot of crap from the highway especially in the winter time.

My wife drives a black Honda Pilot that I just put on 1 coat of Z-5 when it was 6 months old. It has some swirls and some claw marks(that is what I call the rids on the doors from her nails). After I correct it should I use zaino or a wax. I was in pepboys and saw this and I wanted to get over $30 to get $10 off so I bought it. I didn`t realize that this was a sealant.

Is Zaino the better sealant?

Thanks a lot

RTexasF
05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
I would have to give Zaino the nod over NXT 2.0 for durability. Depending on what regimen of Zaino you use it will likely outlast the 2.0. It`s not a bad product but the two hardly compare.

LouisanaJeeper
05-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Is Zaino the better sealant?

Yes

Nick1214
05-31-2009, 07:53 PM
I am going to attempt my first full car with my PC this weekend.

I have played around with it and I think I have a good feel for it.

What would you use on NHB paint? From what I hear it is really soft.

Nick1214
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt341/nick1214_photos/P5240037.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt341/nick1214_photos/P5240039.jpg

I have m105 and m205

EDIT: the next time someone does me a favor and run this car through a car wash they will be seriously injured. It has happened a lot actually. She likes to keep her car very clean and I just can`t keep up doing it once a week. My car takes priority lol. I tried a few spots and it corrected really easily.

Deanski
05-31-2009, 08:29 PM
WOW, now that finish is a mess. Once you correct it and want to protect it, so far Zaino will outlast other sealants in general, but then again, there are more durable ones that are a bit more on the commercial side. For a generalist, yes, Zaino will do quite well and it`s what I currently use on my Porsche.

I`ve topped Zaino before with a previous car. Insead of spending lots of cash needlessly, I ended up with topping it with Natty`s. In time it wears off and was easy to remove when I needed to freshen up the Zaino.

I`d skip the NXT and use the other sealants from Meguiars as these are a bit more durable if you stay with the Meguiars line.

Regards,

Deanski

Toysrme
06-01-2009, 07:31 AM
NTX is one of the better OTC products, what it doesn`t have in depth & reflective proporties VS some of the best OTC products it makes up for in ease of use.

its not quite in the same league as the better "order" products out there, but it was a good step for OTC products.

imported_RyansAutoDetail
06-01-2009, 11:05 AM
if you want to layer with NXT2.0 then polish the paint and completely remove all prior LSPs, then top with a good layer of NXT then wait about 8 hours or whatever and then wipe down and top with a layer of paste wax or two and that should give alot of durability !