PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Towels

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Ol' Red
05-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Anybody know of any local stores such as Pep boys, AAP, Auto Zone, Target, Wal-Mart, or Costco that sell good brands of MF towels? I havent been able to find any name brand towels such as meguiars at any of these stores, just the store brand. Thanks for the help.

GS4_Fiend
05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
You would have to buy it from online is the best way. And buy it in bundle. Or amour all does say individual thick MF at wal-mart.

efnfast
05-31-2009, 01:47 PM
they`re all crap. the best ones i`ve found are autogeek`s cobra`s. I especially like the white cobra miracle one and the cobra jrs (purple)

Striker
05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
You would have to buy it from online is the best way. And buy it in bundle. Or amour all does say individual thick MF at wal-mart.

Are these the large orange drying towels or you talking about something else?

evolutionwc3
05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
You`re going to get varying opinions- but if you have to purchase OTC autozone has a good thick blue towel that I like and o`reillys carries most of the viking line

Legacy
05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Get Pakshak towels, none better and on sale now.

imported_FJF
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
As an OTC option, Vroom towels from Target aren`t bad. I use the orange and the grey Vrooms for door jambs and the like.

Setec Astronomy
05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
The best OTC are the gray Vrooms at Target and the Carand towels at PepBoys. Also the Viking at K-Mart.

bwalker25
05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
I like the sams club (proforce) brand towels, kmart has had some really good deals on the viking towels lately.

dogma
05-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I used to use vroom at target. The gray ones are better quality than the orange. Since I kept reading the thread on Zaino MF towels I got to thinking why use a high quality product or products and use cheap MF. So until I can order the Zaino MF I checked around and Auto zone has some real plush MF autospa/by carrand and the TW ice MF coincidenty made by carrand too. The Auto spa ones are thicker and more plush $6.99 each. The TW Ice ones are pretty good to not as thick and plush but 2 for &5.99. Both are way better than most regular ones you buy ,even my old favorite vroom grey.

BigAl3
05-31-2009, 05:06 PM
go your local k-mart or kragen and they have the viking microfiber towels. the x-large gold microfiber drying towel, green quick detailing towel, orange edgeless towel, yellow 3pk premium microfiber towels (rolled up) and smaller blue microfiber drying towel are all excellent. they also have the new super plush single and double sided microfiber towels that are excellent as well...

they`re all crap.

absolutely, not true..

Striker
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Up here in Canada we get the Canadian Tire specials. Usually come in either an 8 pack (thinner ones) or the three pack which are larger and thicker all around.

I went to wal mart and never saw any microfiber towels of any sort in their automotive section? Are they in some other part of the store?

GoudyL
05-31-2009, 09:45 PM
In my area, I find the autozone store brand towels in the single packs (the 16x16 polishing towel) and 9sqft waffle weave towels to be worth purchasing.

The plush yellow Vroom drying towels from target are good when you want a plush drying towel vs a waffle weave. I imagine the orange towels and and blue/grey combo`s are also good (you get 2x each blue towel + MF flannel)

You can get the TW Ice/Carrand double sided plushy things at AAP for 2/$6, and I find them very good for applying spray wax etc. But generally I prefer the yellow Autozone towels for buffing off waxes. I`ll use a plushy towel for doing the final buffing when applying TW Ice wax. :buffing:

The Autospa super-plush towels are nice for buffing off the interior of the car after applying armor all, as they quickly wick up any excess protectant.

craigdt
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
they`re all crap.

I disagree. even though the store brands arent as flashy or have a fancy name on them, many of them are decent.

I personally prefer the Vroom at Target (as far as OTC). They arent really plush, but they are great for door jambs, tires, wheels and dirtier stuff. Heck, I used em and enjoyed em on the paint back before I could afford "nice" towels.

efnfast
05-31-2009, 11:52 PM
I disagree. even though the store brands arent as flashy or have a fancy name on them, many of them are decent.

I personally prefer the Vroom at Target (as far as OTC). They arent really plush, but they are great for door jambs, tires, wheels and dirtier stuff. Heck, I used em and enjoyed em on the paint back before I could afford "nice" towels.

{Perhaps I should rephrase that - all the ones I`ve run into are crap :) (failed the cd test big time)