PDA

View Full Version : questionnaire plus a few more stuff

cab0053
05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
1. How did you wind up at Autopia? qbmurder13 from fitfreak.net

2. What do you like most about detailing? I like making my car shiny.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why? do not know yet

4. What`s your dream car and why? Honda Fit MT GE8

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia? so far, where to buy p21s (recommended to me)

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests? fitfreak.net, cooking, bothering the woman, playing 360

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics. There are two cats in my house. I don`t like them.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians. a hot thick bottomed pan is key for sauteing, a woman`s heart is also thru her stomach, and add an egg 1.5 minute into the 3 minutes of cooking instant ramen noodles

9. Where are you from and where do you live now? I`ve moved every 6mos-3 years, but I live in rochester, ny right now.

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect? 1994 base Ford Ranger. qbmurder13 and see #2

11. What motivates you to detail? see #2

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car? uh, yeah, I suck at it...

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one? aha! someone understands!!

14. What is your favorite part about detailing? see #2

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it? I`d rather cook for a living, but would love to do it on the side

current setup:

rinse in water

scrub in sections with diluted turtlewax ICE and sheepskin mitt and rinse in second bucket

rinse and dry with microfiber waffleweave towels

used to use eagle 2 in 1 wheel cleaner (not happy with it) and turtlewax aerosol tire dressing (ok if I didn`t rinse it) bought black magic product to test them out

wax with turtlewax spray (there was a sale at advance auto parts)

I currently own (and trying to sell) a 2003 VW Jetta GLS AT which I am trying to sell. My goal is to purchase a Honda Fit.

I am a extreme beginner in carwashing with a limited budget. I come from a family that used dawn dish soap and old towels. I accept all comments, criticisms, and advice. :nomore:

I like the variety of smiley faces.:woot2:

Bobby G
06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome to Autopia!

Your best bet regarding product is to read reviews and threads to see what others are saying. Most people here will tell you that process is more important than product (generally speaking).