PDA

View Full Version : The master headlight polisher

Pages : [1] 2

imported_PaPaHoFF
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Saw this video on youtube and thought Id share it with the rest of you. Simply amazing what the master can do!:shocked

YouTube - Headlight Restoration (Manny) $25.00 & a 2 Yr. Warranty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEydQ7FidCA&feature=related)

mr.ikon
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
hahaha he is the master.

Chris@Optimum
05-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Why is the paint all shiney only around the headlights? LMAO

melt
05-26-2009, 05:49 AM
HAHAHA I love this guy i watch all his video`s for only pure comic relief guy cracks me up

PerroneFord
05-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Well, at least the headlights are clear. I corrected some this weekend and the owner had been quoted $150. I was done in 15 minutes with the Porter Cable and did it as part of the detail.

charlesaferg
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Did you all hear the polisher backing plate hitting the car?

..Why is he using the leading tip to do the polishing?! Awful.

..and the same, contaminated pad after using a "sealer." Twice..

He learned a "trade;"

....and hes been ad this for 20 years..?

*cringe*

Well, at least the headlights are clear. I corrected some this weekend and the owner had been quoted $150. I was done in 15 minutes with the Porter Cable and did it as part of the detail.

Quite honestly, from my experience with daily drivers, the majority of proper headlight corrections do require wet sanding. A porter cable, or even a rotary alone, won`t completely repair the pitting and such.

On a sidenote, everybody check this one out as well... Ah, the horror.

YouTube - Paint Damage on a B.M.W. Z4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5O6ADr8gmo)

What is he using to lubricate his sandpaper, without a sanding block..?

More polishing with the edge madness.

By the way, read his profile bio, it says that he`s "Been rated by many professionals as one of the top detailers." Also, in the "Z3 full correction" video, he says, "You guys sending my nasty emails, saying how I mess up paint, you don`t matter."

Hack!

Dsoto87
05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I guess you guys have yet to see his video on the ford gt using his super space age nasa certified lifetime lasting sealant. Theres another video where he actually loses control of the buffer.

PerroneFord
05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Quite honestly, from my experience with daily drivers, the majority of proper headlight corrections do require wet sanding. A porter cable, or even a rotary alone, won`t completely repair the pitting and such.!

Oops, I left that part out. Yes, I wetsanded to get the haze off, then buffed out the 1500 grit with Megs UC and an orange 4" pad. Finished off with SSR1 and then some Wolfgang sealant.

But it was still pretty quick. Not as fast as "The Master" though.

derek37
05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
this guy is a totally idiot!

Barry Theal
05-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Ill shut up on this guy and wish him the best off luck

Boston Man
05-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Is this the same guy that got the cord tangled in the rotary when he turned it on

Envious Eric
05-31-2009, 05:10 PM
accidents happen...

but on the topic, how does he use the same pad for defect removal and sealer and use the same applicator for two different products??

hmmmmm

Setec Astronomy
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Well, we lost part of this thread in the crash, but I speculated that some of his poor technique might be because he`s abbreviating for his YouTube videos.

efnfast
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I guess you guys have yet to see his video on the ford gt using his super space age nasa certified lifetime lasting sealant. Theres another video where he actually loses control of the buffer.

I want to see that video! :LOLOL

efnfast
06-01-2009, 12:06 AM
ROOFLES

YouTube - The Master Demonstrator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8WtGSOl8A&feature=related)