PDA

View Full Version : A little trouble using M105....

blkacgsr
05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
As the title states, I`m having a little teouble with M105 the new forula with a rotary. It seems to want to clump and harden with in the first couple passes. It doesn`t do it on all the panels, just some. I`m not sure if I`m putting too much or what but I have to take it off with a microfiber and then re-polish the spot. I`m not spreading it with high speeds or anything like that. I just can`t figure it out. Any insight would help.

Thanks in advance!!

gmblack3
05-25-2009, 10:43 PM
What pad and speed? Also how long are you working it?

blkacgsr
05-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I`m using a Malco foam cutting pad and 600 RPM to spread the polish out before higher speeds. It`s happening on the initial passes to spread it out on the panel.

jmkiang
05-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Not sure if this applies but are you priming the pad? I got some clumping with M205 and a LC white pad after a couple panels.

imported_rydawg
05-26-2009, 07:05 AM
I`m using a Malco foam cutting pad and 600 RPM to spread the polish out before higher speeds. It`s happening on the initial passes to spread it out on the panel.

Use a LC orange pad as they work amazing with 105.

SuperBee364
05-26-2009, 08:42 AM

A couple of things to try...

Make sure the panel you`re working on is *completely* bare. Do a very thorough IPA wipe before using 105. Sometimes polishes don`t work well when they are fighting left over LSP, etc.

Second, *don`t* pre-spread 105. As you have found, it dries/flashes quickly, and pre-spreading makes it worse. Just "hit the ground running"; spread it at the same time you are working it.

A properly primed pad helps a ton, too.

jmkiang
05-26-2009, 08:54 AM
^ Does that apply to M205 too? I thought that since its a non diminishing abrasive, you can work it for as long as you want... even when it "dries".

SuperBee364
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
^ Does that apply to M205 too? I thought that since its a non diminishing abrasive, you can work it for as long as you want... even when it "dries".

I don`t pre-spread either of them. And it`s not a good idea to try and work residue that is dried on to the paint. If you`re getting visible dry residue, you are probably using too much.

jmkiang
05-26-2009, 09:42 AM
^ OK thanks. I`ll try not spreading it this weekend and see how that goes

blkacgsr
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Ok, thanks. I will try to not pre-spread the next time that I have a detail. If that doesn`t work then I will try a different pad.