PDA

View Full Version : Swith to Jetseal from FMJ?

imported_Devilsown
05-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I`ve been using FMJ for about 3-4 years now and love it. FMJ seems to be holding up to the sunlight and heat of Lousianina, it dosnet hold up as long as I wish but I spray my cars down 1-2 times a month Menz arcrilic shield. I saw Jet Seal last night and was wondering if its more durable than FMJ. Any ideas? :thx

mburns813
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I have used Jetseal and I really like it. Seems to be pretty durable and easy to apply and remove.

silkstone
05-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Haven`t used Jet Seal, but out of all the LSP`s I have used, FMJ is one of the easiest on/offs, application/removal.

imported_FJF
05-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I`ve used JS109. It looked OK, it was easy to work with, but its durability was poor.

steelwind101
05-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi!

I have wrote a few things about 109 before, it makes big claims and is pretty tough when its on the paintwork. However it doesnt last as long as it might claim.

IMO you might be better off with Wolfgang 3.0.

Geoff

06c350sport
05-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Jetseal seems like more than just a plain sealant. It appears to be a sealant and some sort of "wax", if I may use that term, combined. I say wax because Jetseal has an incredible gloss, just like a wax, when you initially apply it, but the great gloss lasts only for two or three washes, There is still protection on your paint for about six or eight washes, perhaps, but the liquid look is gone. The quick initial degradation in the finish quality gives people the impression it is not protecting, but it is. Still, the loss of gloss (ahem) is annoying.

Jetseal`s initial appearance is second to none, IMO. Fully equal to any carnauba I`ve ever used, and it doesn`t stain plastic. For our black car I like Jetseal best, it hides swirls quite well and the gloss is spectacular, but for the others I find Zaino CS lasts longer and has far more consistent appearance over time.

imported_FJF
05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
There is still protection on your paint for about six or eight washes, perhaps, but the liquid look is gone. The quick initial degradation in the finish quality gives people the impression it is not protecting, but it is.

<grin> Umm...I`m a big boy now and I like to think that I`m able to gauge the protection on the paint, regardless of its look. JS109 was gone within 3 weeks. I gave the product a good shot on freshly polished paint, worked it as instructed, and it performed very poorly.

Surprised by the results, given the hyperbolic claims surrounding the sealant, I reapplied it to one side of the car and JW AJT to the other. Same results. JS109 was gone in a matter of weeks, but AJT wasn`t. In all honestly, its look wasn`t anything special, either, at least when compared to other products aimed at the same task. Given its price, JS109 isn`t a good value, and I would not recommend it. It is easy easy to work with, but so are many other LSPs with better durability and appearance.

06c350sport
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
<grin> Umm...I`m a big boy now and I like to think that I`m able to gauge the protection on the paint, regardless of its look. JS109 was gone within 3 weeks. I gave the product a good shot on freshly polished paint, worked it as instructed, and it performed very poorly.

Well, far be it from me to argue with a big boy. You`re results do seem like a bit out of the usual, but since I use Zaino CS when I want the protection to last rather than JetSeal, it`s not like I`m looking for a religious discussion.

imported_FJF
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
You`re results do seem like a bit out of the usual....

I`m not so sure about that. If you search the forum, you`ll find quite a few folks who cite JS109`s poor durability. As such, I wasn`t at all surprised to see the product frequently listed as Most Disappointing in a long thread on DB, again, due to its sub-par lasting power. There many terrific products out there to waste time with on this stuff.