PDA

View Full Version : Black German - questions

idertkin
05-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi, there!

Could you please advise a course of actions here.

What I have:

Black ceramiclear 2008 MB

Swirls on it

Flex Tool XC 3401 VR

Orange, Yellow, White, Green, Blue, Black and Foamed Wool Lake Country Pads.

Menzerna PO106FA

I am thinking about getting Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q or Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound. Which one is the safe on this type of paint?

I was thinking to use Foamed Wool with MG 105 or Menzerna 82q and finish with Green Pad with 106FA.

Suggesting?

TIA

Darkstar752
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
My advice, buy samples. I believe Menzerna is made to work well on Cermiclearcoats, so the powergloss followed up by P203S then PO85RD would probably work best.

Phil at detailersdomain.com has all of those for sale in 16 oz bottles, and you can get M105 for cheap off of AutoDetailingSolutions.com

Wait until a pro who has worked on MB CCC to weigh in on this before you decide what to buy.

Mobilejay
05-23-2009, 03:57 PM
First try out the SIP with a white pad, see if that does what you want. If not try 105 with an orange pad and see if that gets you what you want. If it does, use that combo and then come back and use SIP/white and then a finishing polish. If the orange/105 doesn`t work then use the foamed wool but let it be the last resort. Not that its going to burn your paint cause I don`t think you will with the 3401 but you might. There has been talk about people burning paint with DA`s so just be carefull. SIP might work but 105 will get you there faster with less steps.

Or try 105/White before the orange(I don`t think it will cut much though) just being cautious.

idertkin
05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
First try out the SIP with a white pad, see if that does what you want. If not try 105 with an orange pad and see if that gets you what you want. If it does, use that combo and then come back and use SIP/white and then a finishing polish. If the orange/105 doesn`t work then use the foamed wool but let it be the last resort. Not that its going to burn your paint cause I don`t think you will with the 3401 but you might. There has been talk about people burning paint with DA`s so just be carefull. SIP might work but 105 will get you there faster with less steps.

Or try 105/White before the orange(I don`t think it will cut much though) just being cautious.

Thanks!

Should I try Green instead of White? I think Green pad that what they are using in MB OEM.

idertkin
05-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Alright :) The thing that worked the best was a Yellow pad with MG 105 followed my Menzerna 106FA with Green pad. This MG 105 is amazing!

Before:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/560780/DSC_5216.jpg

AFTER

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/560780/DSC_5219.jpg