Did you guys know that PC removes more defects than a Rotary? :shocked :shocked

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-23-2009, 12:05 AM
How do you know?

Dsoto87
05-23-2009, 12:26 AM
How did you come to that conclusion?

I`m sorry but this a dumb thread.

Atleast post something to support your view.

dan46n2
05-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Have you ever used a rotary?

BIOLINK
05-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Did you guys know that PC removes more defects than a Rotary? :shocked :shocked

Your statement is subject to so many variables that I have to categorically say, I doubt it. PC does have some great ability with good technique, but come on...better than rotary? Prove it with some pics and details. Until you do...:ignore

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I`ve found the PC to remove more clear than rotary in some instances (with yellow LC pad and an aggressive polish) but I`ll be doing some more testing now that my new gauge is in... the only reason I said what I said above is because this sounds like the OP read a sentence somewhere else and decided to repost that sentence... at least it`s sometimes true I guess, but it`s crap like this that leaves many people misinformed.

GS4_Fiend
05-23-2009, 03:57 PM
LOL... I read the newbie thread and they did a judgement

Here is the link: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/108836-helpful-threads-newbies.html

Removing defect is removing paint. They say the PC removes more paint. Check it out.

Barry Theal
05-23-2009, 04:10 PM
here is a fully corrected car with a pc!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/118631-99-vw-passat-meets-barrys-pc7424.html

Legacy
05-23-2009, 04:35 PM
People tend to forget that a pc is a sander. Try sanding with a rotary! BTW awesome write up Barry, don`t know how I missed it the first time.

Darkstar752
05-23-2009, 04:55 PM
LOL... I read the newbie thread and they did a judgement

Here is the link: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/108836-helpful-threads-newbies.html

Removing defect is removing paint. They say the PC removes more paint. Check it out.

Jesus you are stupid. I can hit the car with a hammer and chisel and remove a lot of paint, but not remove any defects. Now I was ok with seeing you parading around, saying that NXT is the best thing since sliced bread, but now this? Making such a claim is just stupid. Stop.

A rotary, in the right hands, will cut down the paint much faster, finish nicer, and leave an outstanding glossy finish.

gmblack3
05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
A rotary, in the right hands, will cut down the paint much faster, finish nicer, and leave an outstanding glossy finish.

I have used a rotary for 3 years and now prefer using a PC with the KBM.

Perferd
05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I for one believe him...however, if he is wrong I will cut his hands off....then maybe he can post some before and after pics using the PC with his feet...

Barry Theal
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
There is no doubt a rotary is much faster and will finish nicer! just today I had someone send me pics of some of there work that was done by a rotory and i was simply blown away by the finish! i have been using a rotory for 11 years and can finish down very nicely. by using the proper techniqiues the pc is in fact a defect killer! it may take a little longer, but if you think outside the box many things are possible! I still use on a daily basis my rotory and i commend Bryan (gmblack3) for what he can do with a pc. if you haven`t seen some of if post you pc guys better check them out. when i did that write up on the vw it was more a of personal test for me to see how far i could take a pc.

Perferd
05-23-2009, 07:32 PM
before and after pics online dont truly tell the story cause you can hide a lot of stuff depending on lighting angles and photoshop but it is nice to have to brag about...

Barry Theal
05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
before and after pics online dont truly tell the story cause you can hide a lot of stuff depending on lighting angles and photoshop but it is nice to have to brag about...

look you truely don`t have to beleive me this thread is not about me. its about the truth of a pc being a defect killer, but before you judge the fact that the pc is a defect killer read this thread. Its interesting. you may think twice. good luck on your adventures!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/116878-surbuf-pad-paired-m105-pc-defect-killer.html