PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Zaino

AdvonspaanDC5
05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Quick backstory: Haven`t posted in this forum in YEARS. Haven`t detailed cars like I used to back in the day when I had my RSX. But now the I`ve been bitten by a detail bug yet again. So here I am trying to rediscover my old found love of making my cars look beautiful as well as protecting it.

It came down to Zaino Z2, Z5, and Optimum Poli Seal. I`ve never used zaino before, but man everywhere I read about how it cures cancer and makes god`s clouds shinier than mirrors, especially on black cars. So I decided to try it out.

So I hit my fiance`s black `08 impreza outback with the following process (Sorry there are no pics, I don`t have a camera at the moment, and even if I did the car`s already a bit dusty and dirty.):

- Wash

- Clay Bar

- PC`d speed 6 Opt. Poli Seal w/green pad

- Zaino Z5 1x

- Zaino Z2 2x

And wow... It`s shiny, but it`s not what I was expecting. It`s nowhere near the photos of zaino`d black cars that I`ve seen. Some of those shots really do look like a mirror. And to add salt to the wounds, the car lacked clarity or depth that I`m used to. I usually use NXT 1.0 (back in the days on certain cars, black, blue, etc.) and *gasp* I think it looked better than zaino. (Don`t flame me)

So I`m a bit disappointed that I spent $40-50 including shipping on the zaino products and it just wasn`t all that amazing to me. What`s worse is that I spent 3 separate days work on it, amounting to maybe 8-9 hours of total work.

Maybe it`s just me. Maybe I overhyped myself? Maybe I`m just not doing something right? Is it the poli seal as a base? Should I use the Zaino AIO for a base? Did I apply it TOO thin?

I`ve read in places of people having up to 60 coats of zaino and how supposedly each coats makes it look better. Give me a break, I`m not spending 1-2 months adding coat after coat.

*breathes* Ok, any thoughts or tips?

:nixweiss