PDA

View Full Version : Vented Leather?

yourgrandma
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
What is he preferred product for cleaning and conditioning perforated leather? Creams and whatnot would plug the holes and I`ve been using wipes forever because of the lack of options. What`s the word on this?

IBStoney1
05-21-2009, 09:38 PM
There are many good products on the market. I like the results using the Optimum Leather Protectant an all-in-one product, it is easy and fast.

Do not spray or apply product directly onto the pin holes - you will block them with product and then it is a pain to remove this product from each and every pin hole.

Instead lightly spray or apply product onto your MF cloth, work product into the MF cloth and gently work into the pin hole areas. Two light coats are much better than one heavy coat that blocks the pin holes.

al

944obscene
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Agreed. I usually apply both the cleaner, and the conditioner that I use, on a towel first, then treat the leather. I learned real quick, what a pain it is to remove that stuff! I`d say it`s more the technique than the products, but that`s not to say some aren`t better for this than others.

GS4_Fiend
05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I use the Leather conditioner from Lexus and my leather has a lot of vent holes. No problems.

JohnKleven
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I use Zymol Treat, and it soaks up fine. Don`t worry about the holes, pretend they`re not there, and when you come back in an hour or so, everything should be soaked in.

John

944obscene
05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I use Zymol Treat, and it soaks up fine.

John

Ditto. I like it. Smells good, treats great. Love it.