PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s products...

imported_weekendwarrior
05-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I was looking at the Spray Wax (as an alternative to Aquawax...it is a little cheaper), the Undercarriage Spray, and the leather rejuvinator.

Any input on these products? Are they any good?

wascallyrabbit
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
spray wax is nice but never used aquawax so i can`t compare the two. undercarriage spray i like use in my wheel wells about once a month or so. haven`t used any of the leather products. based on my experience with griot`s their leather stuff would be nice.

BigAl3
05-21-2009, 08:03 PM
(as an alternative to Aquawax...it is a little cheaper)

IMO the AW is worth every penny they ask for, i love this product. definitely one of my top ten...

imported_sal329
05-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I have read lots of good things bout their undercarriage spray

tom p.
05-22-2009, 08:19 AM
The Undercarriage Spray is one of the best in its class

I have the regular leather treatment product, it`s very good. The stuff you mention is HD and likely used less often

Don`t know about the Spray Wax, I`ve got the Duragloss and Optimum products

Their wheel cleaner and car wash are among the best

They sell some really fine tools, too :) ...be careful, it get`s $$$$ fast !

Accumulator
05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
The Leather Rejuvenator can *really* work miracles on dried out leather. Worked for me when nothing else I tried would. Don`t know how well it`ll work for somebody else on different leather though...there are a lot of variables so YMMV truly applies.

I`d be a little careful with the Undercarriage Spray. It seems to be *extremely* silicone-rich, and while *I* am not overly concerned about that, it can make for issues in some situations.

It`ll make your garage floor/driveway *VERY* slippery, especially when wet. As in, "be careful!" slippery.

It`s a PIA to clean off of stuff too...from the medium you apply it with (I wouldn`t just spray it) to your hands. It`s simply very messy, slimy stuff. But no, that doesn`t mean it`ll attract dust/etc., at least not all that much.

BUT don`t get it on surfaces where you don`t want it. Don`t let it get on your paint (e.g., mist from spraying it). No, it won`t just wipe off cleanly with a little QD ;)

But yeah..for what it is, and what it`s made for, it`s good stuff. Has what I consider a neat, if industrial, smell.

tom p.
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Agreed, apply the UC Spray outside, not in the garage.

Accumulator
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Agreed, apply the UC Spray outside, not in the garage.

Actually, I use it *in the garage* as any mess is easier to clean off my garage floor than off my driveway (gee, guess how I know :o ) and there`s less chance of wind/air-born stuff/etc. causing issues.

I suppose it`s really just a case of everybody having to consider *their* situation and doing what`s right for *them*.

tom p.
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I find it drips down for a few hours after application. That was the reason for my comment and the rain will ultimately wash it away on the driveway.

Accumulator
05-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I find it drips down for a few hours after application. That was the reason for my comment and the rain will ultimately wash it away on the driveway.

Ah, OK...I see.. everybody`s gonna have different reasons for doing it their way :D

WaxManRonnie
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
IMO the AW is worth every penny they ask for, i love this product. definitely one of my top ten...

I bought mine from CarQuest. $8.52 out the door. How much is it usually?

WaxManRonnie
05-22-2009, 08:08 PM
I`ve tried a half dozen of their products. I was not impressed with

any of it. My last one was the water squeegee. That was the biggest pos

ever. An once you order from them, you get a catalog in the mail

like every few weeks. I finally called them today and said take me off your

mailing list.