PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I`m new here

944obscene
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
A little bit about me:

I`ve been a member/lurker for a little while now. Even before I signed up for the forums, here. I do amateur detail, but am getting ready to up my game.

Currently, I do detailing on my friend`s and family`s cars, as well as my own. Sometimes another car if I have time, but mostly I just do this when it`s nice out and I want to clean something! ha

I own a 1992 green Saturn SL2 and a 1987 black Porsche 944 turbo.

Keeping care of the paint on the Saturn has always been relatively easy. With a thick clearcoat and a deep metalic green (with blueish hue) it didn`t really show scratches easily, and it has been a great car for me to practice on.

However, my Porsche is a different story. The paint feels soft, just like the Saturn`s, yet it doesn`t respond willingly to my techniques, practiced on the cheaper daily driver. I haven`t extensively attempted any paint work on the car yet. Still saving to get some supplies that I feel, better suit the car.

On that note, I`m curious if anyone has good suggestions for products and technique on this German paint! Its in great condition, and I`d say the overall exterior (paint-wise) is an 8.5 out of 10.

Thanks for your time and suggestions. It`s going to be fun here!:buffing:

BobD
05-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forums!