PDA

View Full Version : New wheel cleaner??

Pages : [1] 2

duke4ever
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
So I`ve been using Eagle One and P21S wheel cleaners, however I`ve run out of Eagle one and close to nil on the P21s, this means... time for new stuff!

Any suggestions? looking perhaps to try something new :)

imported_Jakerooni
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
What are they not doing for you that you would consider switching up to something new? AFAIK both are actaully quite good. Is there an issue?

duke4ever
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I think they are great products, I just thought id take this opportunity to see if anyone was using something they thought was better. If not I`d go right back to them.

nosbusa1700
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I used Duragloss all wheel cleaner yesterday. I used it on a car that had more brake dust, than I`ve seen in a long time. After letting it sit for a few mins the brake dust came off pretty easy.

I was using a pressure washer though.

duke4ever
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Interesting you should mention the pressure washer. I do have one but I`ve not used it yet. I was thinking of trying it out on the wheels/wheel wells.

spamlova
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
heard good things about the new CG Sticky wheel gel.

tom p.
05-21-2009, 04:49 AM
and close to nil on the P21s, this means... time for new stuff!

If you like the action of the P21S, you`ll find Griot`s product very similar but at a fraction of the price.

You can get two gallons of the Griot`s product @ Autogeek`s sale for just over $60, shipped. At least that`s what it was to my location.

imported_dirtdiggler
05-21-2009, 05:46 AM
As of now I have been using the BMW brand wheel cleaner. easily to purchase at any BMW dealership. It`s capable enough to remove of german manufactured brake dust and all others is a walk in the park. I paid 7.00 bucks retail.

duke4ever
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
If you like the action of the P21S, you`ll find Griot`s product very similar but at a fraction of the price.

You can get two gallons of the Griot`s product @ Autogeek`s sale for just over $60, shipped. At least that`s what it was to my location.

I got used to the spray on spray off stuff, even though yes, you do need to agitate the tough spots and it`s supposed to be bad for the environment. Griot`s site claims their wheel cleaner isn`t spray-on/off and thus friendly, but you find the product similar to the P21S? If it really works very similarly to p21s at $29 for a gallon I`d be willing to go for it!

tom p.
05-21-2009, 04:51 PM
IMO, there`s no such thing as "spray on/rinse off". I`ve yet to witness that.

If you are diligent about weekly wheel cleaning, the Griot`s product is very similar to the P21S regular juice, and it leaves the wheel bright and shiny exactly like P21S.

$ for $, there`s no comparison. I can no longer "afford" the P21S when it`s nearly $100 for 5L. That`s absurd.

tom p.
05-21-2009, 04:55 PM
As of now I have been using the BMW brand wheel cleaner. easily to purchase at any BMW dealership. It`s capable enough to remove of german manufactured brake dust and all others is a walk in the park. I paid 7.00 bucks retail.

That`s a great deal. Is this made by P21S or someone else?

I used to see P21S at the Benz dealers. I was over there this past weekend and saw a different MBz-branded wheel cleaner I did not recognize. I probably should have asked the price.

I can`t recall who is doing the "detailing" products for MBz nowadays. I`ve seen it discussed, maybe it is Eagle One?

duke4ever
05-21-2009, 06:55 PM
You`re right the 1.3 gal is absurdly priced, and honestly I still preferred Eagle One over P21s, from a price stand point, $30 (5 bottles of eagle one) buys the gallon. So if indeed Griots behaves like P21, it would win in the price/convenience arena. I`ll try their wheel cleaner and undercarriage spray before springing for the gallon.

eyezack87
05-21-2009, 07:40 PM
If you are willing to go over the pond to pick something up, Bilberry has had some great reviews and works very very well :)

PerroneFord
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I`d love to try the Menzerna product. Anyone tried it?

tom p.
05-22-2009, 06:01 AM
You`re right the 1.3 gal is absurdly priced, and honestly I still preferred Eagle One over P21s, from a price stand point, $30 (5 bottles of eagle one) buys the gallon. So if indeed Griots behaves like P21, it would win in the price/convenience arena. I`ll try their wheel cleaner and undercarriage spray before springing for the gallon.

I would go for the gallon, it`s getting pricey at the qt. size.

The undercarriage spray is the best I`ve tried. However, it is $$$ as well.