PDA

View Full Version : 1-step polish?

Xcessiv
05-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi.

Let`s say you have ~8 hours to fully detail a car (interior, engine, exterior). The car is a black Mustang GT 2008 so the clear hardness is medium. The polisher is a Flex 3401 DA.

I don`t think I can do the usual SIP/Nano in less than 8 hours, because the outside/inside/engine/clay/sealant/wax processes will require around half of these 8 hours, leaving 4 hours to polish. What would you suggest to get the best finish on this black not too soft paint?

- Menzerna SIP on white pad?

- KB method on white pad?

- Menzerna 106FA on white pad: not enough cut and will not correct anything?

- KB method on orange pad: way too much cut, potentially leaves a cloudy finish?

- Menzerna SIP on orange pad: already tried it on other cars, cannot be done as a 1-step?

Thank you for your help.

wascallyrabbit
05-20-2009, 05:41 AM
looks like you have eliminated three of the choices already. i`ll assume these are the products you already have on hand. you best bet is to try a test spot and see which combo you like the best. so be easy to do yo only have two combos to try.

Xcessiv
05-20-2009, 06:03 AM
looks like you have eliminated three of the choices already. i`ll assume these are the products you already have on hand. you best bet is to try a test spot and see which combo you like the best. so be easy to do yo only have two combos to try.

The other three were more questions than eliminated choices. :)

imported_Jakerooni
05-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Why exactly couldn`t you do it in 8 hours? I can easily do a 3 step plus full interior in 8 hours on a SUV. So can most other detailers I know. It shouldn`t be too hard to get that paint back in shape in that amount of time. Now getting the paint to 100% would take quite a bit longer but getting it 85-90% in that time frame really shouldn`t be an issue at all. Defiantly hit it up with KBM if you have 105/205 it`s a good combo. And work diligently in a process. You`d be amazed at how much time you save when you have a plan of attack and stick to it.. No wasted movements walking around going back anf forth for products etc etc....

JohnKleven
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Drink 3 triple shot lattes throughout the day, and it will get done.

John

JohnKleven
05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Why exactly couldn`t you do it in 8 hours? I can easily do a 3 step plus full interior in 8 hours on a SUV. So can most other detailers I know. It shouldn`t be too hard to get that paint back in shape in that amount of time. Now getting the paint to 100% would take quite a bit longer but getting it 85-90% in that time frame really shouldn`t be an issue at all. Defiantly hit it up with KBM if you have 105/205 it`s a good combo. And work diligently in a process. You`d be amazed at how much time you save when you have a plan of attack and stick to it.. No wasted movements walking around going back anf forth for products etc etc....

I agree that some black cars I can polish and detail in 8 hours. Mustangs however have terrible paint, and are a real chore to work on. I`m not surprised that it will take more than 8 hours to get the job done.

John

Mobilejay
05-20-2009, 08:29 AM
try 105 and a white pad, or just use SIP and a white pad. Most of my single steps are with SIP and white on the Flex. I`ve done 2 that were with 105 and a white pad with another detailer and the cars turned out great.

imported_Jakerooni
05-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Yea I`ve done a few mustangs... Not the easiest. But nothing like vette paint either. I think some good suggestions have been made. the 105 should really make it a lot easier to deal with.

blk45
05-20-2009, 10:14 AM
For what you are trying to achieve:

105 on LC white or white Kompressor or 203 on green German foam pad. The 105 option would work "quicker".

GS4_Fiend
05-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Good thing he`s got a FLEX, instead of a PC. His arms probably numb out with the first shot on the fender. LOL!

Bert
05-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Yea I`ve done a few mustangs... Not the easiest. But nothing like vette paint either. I think some good suggestions have been made. the 105 should really make it a lot easier to deal with.

Mustang paint is really hard? I thought people said it was moderate hardness.

imported_Jakerooni
05-20-2009, 11:10 AM
exactly my point bert ;)