PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!

itshines
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
hey everyone! i asked this in another thread but no response yet? i have a dewalt buffer and was wondering if someone could take a pic or explain in detail which pads to pair with what product i should use? and where to get it? tks

Mobilejay
05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Check out Autogeek.net

You will just have to see what polishes you like with what pads. Some clear coats will require different pad/polish combinations than other clears. I know that doesn`t help much.

Dunncsu
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I am no expert so take this with a grain of salt.

The way i understand it is the following:

-Pads themselves have varying amounts of cut. Some provide a lot of cut some provide none.

- different products have different amounts of cut.

The best is to get a varity of both and try out different combos. About the only guidelines to go by is dont try to use a cutting polish with a wax pad. Anything more specific then that is trial and error.

On one car a certain pad with a product may work but on the next that same product may need a different pad.

itshines
05-20-2009, 03:56 AM
I hear ya! but i know that someone could tell me what they are using on a daily basis. i know everyone is not just sitting around with a hundred compounds and glazes and buffing pads.

kaval
05-20-2009, 05:17 AM
As someone mentioned above, check out autogeek.net

Beside each pad is the intended use and amount of cut it provides.

imported_Jakerooni
05-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Just to say it... there is no pad/product combo that works with every application. You really have to play around with all of them and realize what they all do. What was the perfect pad/product combo on that detail last week could be the perfect nightmare for your detail this week. You have to learn your products very well. Know exactly what each one is intended for and what they can actually do because there is no set standard on the cars. They all come in at different levels and different surfaces to have to deal with.

Dunncsu
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I hear ya! but i know that someone could tell me what they are using on a daily basis. i know everyone is not just sitting around with a hundred compounds and glazes and buffing pads.

What i have done is look at all the click and brag posts and the pro detail posts. See what combos they are using and go from there.