PDA

View Full Version : Articles about Mothers new print Ad

kbshadow
05-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media (http://www.carwash.com/news.asp?N_ID=69406)

Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media (http://www.carwash.com/detail.asp?Board_ID=4&Parent_ID=137286#137286)

kbshadow

stockton ca.

imported_Bence
05-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Mothers has right.

Prep a car with wide, vertical stripes of clear with different hardnesses and monitor the overall scratch resistance. Use a 100% polished/finished/finessed/jeweled car with NO orange peel.

Sprinkle it with hard, dirty, gritty water, let it dry on it and use a carwash of your choice 3 times a day.

Calculate the impact angle/speed/etc of the brushes. Go to a touchless and show the remaining dirt in the crevices. Use different materials to demo the cleanability of the surface with/without prep and/or LSP.

Make gloss readings before and after.

After a month show the results. If the car is still pristine, with no imperfection whatsoever, I`ll shut up. :D

On the other side, prep an equivalent car. Wash it with the Accumulator technique 3 times a day. Always use plush, gentle materials to wash and dry the vehicle. Same cycle, different methods.

I`m curious... Hey Forrest, are you here?

GoudyL
05-19-2009, 10:33 PM
The PCD folks are horribly insecure. Mothers is targeting the enthusiast market, not the "industrial" express detailing folks who read PC&D, most of whom have a highly inflated sense of their importance in the universe.

BigAl3
05-19-2009, 10:51 PM
mothers is only telling the truth LOL, we all know what the car wash`s do...

bcwang
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately Forrest was banned or quit because the policies of this board made it so he could not help users with his products here.

I wonder how this whole thing is going to pan out. The entire carwash industry group is really up in arms over this ad. They`ve got hundreds of members there who think automatic washes are safer than hand washes and that this ad is unwarranted. Then I guess there are tens of thousands of members on car detailing boards who think the complete opposite and that this is so true and a funny ad.

GoudyL
05-20-2009, 12:53 AM
mothers is only telling the truth LOL, we all know what the car wash`s do...

They give you a clean, dry and shiny car in under three minutes?

Chris@Optimum
05-20-2009, 01:18 AM
My dad owns three tunnel washes. One is the $3, Free Vac, 3 minute type. It`s all top of the line equip...DI water reclaimed from rinse and reprocessed...and gorgeous award winning architecture. Guess what....drumroll please...IT CAUSES SCRATCHES. Not as many mind you as the full service types that towel dry, but still much more than six months worth of "me" washes. Granted, they have theie place and lots of ppl flock to them, but to say they provide "quality" is absurd. They provide "convenience" and are "economical," that is all.

MarcHarris
05-20-2009, 02:57 AM
^ well said integrity

David Fermani
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I`m curious... Hey Forrest, are you here?

Here`s an interesting thread that I like to call "The Parting of the Red Sea"

http://www.autopia.org/forum/hot-tub/54429-autopia-community-support.html

BobD
05-21-2009, 08:53 AM
The PCD folks are horribly insecure. Mothers is targeting the enthusiast market, not the "industrial" express detailing folks who read PC&D, most of whom have a highly inflated sense of their importance in the universe.

Agreed! I was interviewed by a large paper a few years back and was quoted as saying how bad car washes where for the car. Hope they never read that. HAHA!

I`d LOVE to build a car wash in my area. A buddy of mine owns one and it`s a cash cow. Then his customers can come to the detail shop for scratch removal. Win win! LOL

kbshadow
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Another take on the ad.

Clever Car Wash Advert Causes Minor Drama PA Pundits – International (http://papundits.wordpress.com/2009/05/21/clever-car-wash-advert-causes-minor-drama/)

kbshadow

stockton ca

Big Leegr
05-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I thought it was interesting how Bud said a letter from his organization wouldn`t mean much so he wanted members and anyone else to write their own letters to Mothers. Shouldn`t the point of a membership to a group mean that a unified stance can be stated with one letter? Seems like a fairly weak organization as far as I read.

Junebug
05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I saw the ad in Car & Driver, yeah it was funny - not funny to the car wash industry and I can understand their anger. If you take a careless approach to washing your car, gritty mitt, dry with old shirt etc - you will do far more damage than a new (modern tunnel wash). So, if you don`t care to do it right, the "AutoSpa" may be in your best interest. It`s way cheaper than the average detailer and let`s be honest - this "autopian standard" is just for the very few that get it, I`d say 90% or more of the car owners just want a clean car.

Mothers is targeting the on the fence crowd, the guys that think maybe I ought to do this myself. I`ll bet half end up with more issues due to sloppy technique.

BobD
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
I thought it was interesting how Bud said a letter from his organization wouldn`t mean much so he wanted members and anyone else to write their own letters to Mothers. Shouldn`t the point of a membership to a group mean that a unified stance can be stated with one letter? Seems like a fairly weak organization as far as I read.

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining or causing drama.