PDA

View Full Version : Detailing School

Pages : [1] 2

Eliran
05-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum beside the fact that I have been lurking here for quite some time and wanted to say you got great place with a lot of helpful people and huge amount of information.

About myself a little, I always liked cars, take care of them and I got a passion for detailing cars.

I have been detailed some cars now (not that much) but I would like to make the next step and become a real professional and want to learn from the bests.

I live outside the US and planning to flight there to get some courses about automotive care such as paintless dent repairs, windshield repairs, interior repairs and many more and I am willing to put my effort to achieve these goals. I would like also to master at Detailing to stage that I will know everything and learn the best of technique from someone who will willing to teach and give me his expertise in this area.

I am looking for a detailing school or if one of you guys are willing to do this (and of course get paid for that) please point me to that person and I got no reference to where to attend to this courses since I am willing to go anywhere in the US as long as I will know I go to one of the best.

Thanks guys and take care,

Eliran

Accumulator
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Eliran- Welcome to Autopia!

Check out the PrepExcellence school at Automotive International > About Us (http://www.valugard.net/cms/AboutUs/tabid/68/Default.aspx)

Eliran
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you Accumulator!

Do you know where they are located in? and also I want to go learn Paintless Dent Repair, Alloy repairs, Windshield repair and Interior repair so someone told me about The Total Pros and some advice me to go to Renny Doyle at Attention to Detail.

So do you think the best place to go to learn is PrepExcellence?

Thanks,

Eliran

Accumulator
05-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Eliran- Their location should be on their website...it`s somewhere in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have no idea whether their school is what you`re after, it`s just the only one I know of.

guild4evr
05-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Attention To Details with Renny Doyle is definately my suggestion. My wife and I invested in our career with him and his training pays off quick. His training is out of Boise ID. PM me if you have questions.

Eliran
05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you for your post.

I did a google search on Renny Doyle and came across post who said he is a scam and said a lot of bad things about him.

What do you think about that?

Thanks,

Eliran

KnuckleBuckett
05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
What kind of $$ are we talking here?

imported_WCD
05-20-2009, 11:35 PM
The posts about Renny were done...I won`t get into personal things, but I know Renny personally..have been to his house and met his family and worked with him on Air Force One and many other projects.

Anyone can use the Internet for personal attacks and that is what occurred a while ago. This is what I teach my students (sixth grade). Anyone can make a website and put "information" on it. They have to learn how to read websites for actual information vs. bogus personal opinions.

I have met several of his students as well and all have great things to say. I have been to his training, home, cart raced with him, and had his wife`s incredible family-baked beans. No worries with your money if you go with him. It`s more than detail training, it`s lifetime business training!

Rob Regan

guild4evr
05-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Well said Rob!

Eliran
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Thank you very much Rob!

Showroom Shine
05-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Nick Vacco of Detail King has a couple of training seminars a year that are great. I also think the price is reasonable!

KnuckleBuckett
05-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I expected much more of this thread. Pretty disappointing.

jimmybuffit
06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum beside the fact that I have been lurking here for quite some time and wanted to say you got great place with a lot of helpful people and huge amount of information.

About myself a little, I always liked cars, take care of them and I got a passion for detailing cars.

I have been detailed some cars now (not that much) but I would like to make the next step and become a real professional and want to learn from the bests.

I live outside the US and planning to flight there to get some courses about automotive care such as paintless dent repairs, windshield repairs, interior repairs and many more and I am willing to put my effort to achieve these goals. I would like also to master at Detailing to stage that I will know everything and learn the best of technique from someone who will willing to teach and give me his expertise in this area.

I am looking for a detailing school or if one of you guys are willing to do this (and of course get paid for that) please point me to that person and I got no reference to where to attend to this courses since I am willing to go anywhere in the US as long as I will know I go to one of the best.

Thanks guys and take care,

Eliran

Well, you are on the right track. There is a lot to learn, and as with any profession, do not expect to learn it all at once. I`m really not much of a fan of the so called schools - most are exorbitantly expensive, lacking `real world` experience, and frequently have a narrow agenda favoring specific product lines.

One shining exception for Interior Repairs: Matri-X (http://www.thematri-x.com/index.php) Not only are they very expert - they pride themselves as being on the cutting edge of their field, AND they actually communicate with their students. Really nice guys.

I might be willing to host in my Shop in Indianapolis for several weeks - you`d be exposed to the day-to-day operating of an actual Shop where we take each challenge as they come. You`d get hands on experience with every aspect of paint correction, from chemical decontamination to wetsanding with 4000 grit.

Where is your home? PM me if you have further interest/questions.

Jim

gmc05
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
some good advice to be found here.

The fact that your interested in proper training shows your on the right track. Training may be an added expense to starting up a business but is the only way to go. it may take you years to learn what you could learn in a week of training with the person.

I have personally trained with Renny and have worked on a few projects with him ( Air Force One twice ) he has help my business grow to what it is today.

No matter which company you choose for training getting proper training should be one of the first tools you get for your new venture

Eliran
06-22-2009, 04:20 AM
some good advice to be found here.

The fact that your interested in proper training shows your on the right track. Training may be an added expense to starting up a business but is the only way to go. it may take you years to learn what you could learn in a week of training with the person.

I have personally trained with Renny and have worked on a few projects with him ( Air Force One twice ) he has help my business grow to what it is today.

No matter which company you choose for training getting proper training should be one of the first tools you get for your new venture

Thank you for your reply. I have decided to go with Renny and I think I do the right thing.