PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk brush?

KaiYenS
05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Could someone tell me differences between detailing brush vs paint brush vs make-up brush?

Also I noticed Zymol brush looks just like Swissvax brush. Are they the same quality?

Is Swissvax interior brush that much better than Maguiar`s brush, which costs 2X less?

Thank you.

Mobilejay
05-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I can answer one of those. You get what you pay for. The Swissvax brushes are WAY better than the POS Megs brushes. I use the swissvax brush on the wheels and some for the interior. They have never fallen apart on me. The Megs I only used on the interior and the brush fell apart. The actuall peices of brush(whiskers?) would fall out one by one and then the whole thing came unglued. Spend the money and get some things that will last you a long time.

BobD
05-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Could someone tell me differences between detailing brush vs paint brush vs make-up brush?

Also I noticed Zymol brush looks just like Swissvax brush. Are they the same quality?

Is Swissvax interior brush that much better than Maguiar`s brush, which costs 2X less?

Thank you.

There are many different brush material for all types of brushes, paint, detailing,make up. Some are the same some are not. It`s really hard to say the differences when there are so many differences between each business.

Most likely they are made by the same company.

It`s all up to the user. Personally I just use cheap paint brushes to brush the interior dash and stuff. Not too cheap though, I don`t want the bristles falling out all over.

Mobilejay
05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
bristles....thats what I was trying to say. LOL

jmkiang
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I have the Zymol brushes... Work well for me! I maybe lose 1 horse hair every detail. Haha

BobD
05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
bristles....thats what I was trying to say. LOL

You know what`s weird is when I typed it it didn`t look or sound right to me. LMAO

SuperBee364
05-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Regardless of what a brush was called when it was made, if it passes the CD test, I call it a detailing brush.

KaiYenS
05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Thank you, all for your replies...!

dan46n2
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Where are you guys buying the Swissvax brushes from? I can only find it at the detailing emporium that sells the wheel brush, any other places that stock the rest of the brushes?

cptzippy
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Phil at Detailing Domain as 3 or 4 kinds of the Swissvax brushes. I`m waiting on the wheel brush and have the interior brush.

Bostonsfavson
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
FWIW, I use a car grooming brush on my interior. *waits for laughter to subside*

It works great, especially on leather. I bought it at Target--it`s soft, but firm enough to have some cleaning "oomph" to it. Nice, comfortable handle, good surface area. I love it. I`ve been looking a long time for an interior brush I liked, and I ended up finding it in the pet section at Target. Go figure. I`ll try to post a pic up at some point.

PedroDaGr8
05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I assume car = cat?