PDA

View Full Version : Help, looking for an old product or something similar

bg64vw
05-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Several years ago there was a blue coral product that was a clear liquid with a foam applicator that you applied to your car and let it dry. I think it was acrylic and it was tacky when wet and dried to decent shine. It worked amazingly on an old beater I had. I wouldnt try it on something new but I have another old fishing truck that I would like to put something similar on. Anyone remember this stuff or can you tell me of anything similar. You just wipe it on with even strokes and walk away, no buffing. I think Blue Coral dropped this product when they joined another company.

craigdt
05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Wipe on walk away products that come to mind:

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Optimum Optiseal

Zaino-ClearSeal

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2009, 09:13 PM
If that`s the one I remember hearing about it was terrible and was "dropped" because people were suing or threatening to for wrecking their paint.

EDIT: There`s some mention of Blue Coral products on page 2 of this thread: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/59415-name-product-90-s.html

bg64vw
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Well I did say I wouldnt use it on anything nice but this old vehicles paint was a mess and this stuff made it look decent and I sold the vehicle to my mechanic and it still looks decent.

bg64vw
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys, those products mentioned I just found through internet searches and yes it was blue coral touchless that I used years ago. I loved the stuff for a beater. What about these newer products? Will they work similarly on my old fishing truck?