PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO after 3 Weeks

Pages : [1] 2

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
So, three weeks ago today, I compounded my car with Megs UC. Then decided to use Klasse AIO ONLY on it and see how it performed. It`s rained a few times since then, and I washed it this morning. Pre-soak with PB Super Slick & Suds. Then 2BM with the same Poorboys wash.

Of course, it rained this afternoon. HARD! LOL! So I decided to take some pics of how the product is holding up. I did not do the Klasse Twins, since I ran out of time, but this was good for an experiement. Here are some pics:

Hood:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/perroneford/KlasseAIO/PIC-0307.jpg

Roof:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/perroneford/KlasseAIO/PIC-0303.jpg

Trunk

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/perroneford/KlasseAIO/PIC-0304.jpg

Vertical Panel and bumper:

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/perroneford/KlasseAIO/PIC-0301.jpg

longdx
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
I found that I could get a solid 3-4 months of durability from just KAIO.

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
I found that I could get a solid 3-4 months of durability from just KAIO.

One layer? And was your beading different than what I showed there?

longdx
05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Honestly, yes I used one layer and would touch up occasionally with a spray wax after washing in wintertime. The beading on my car was similar to yours. For the record, I applied KAIO in September and it beaded throughout the wintertime up until spring this year. This is on a DD, outside 24/7 and exposed to all the elements Maryland has to offer. I either used touchless washes or ONR/DP R&G rinseless washes. Occasionally, I would use a spray wax afterwards if the weather cooperated. I really like KAIO but have not tried KSG.

PerroneFord
05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. We`ll see how long it lasts with the twins, and what the performance looks like. I haven`t used any spray wax products and won`t. Just a QD after rain so I can dry without spotting.

imported_RZJZA80
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
5 months later, and KAIO is still beading like the pics above for me

Accumulator
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Huh...just shows how the "YMMV" thing can apply! When I tried my ZAIO/KAIO comparo they were both *dead* after a few weeks and two washes (well, the ZAIO still had a little slickness going for it). And here I`m the guy who gets incredible durability out of some products!

Sheesh, I even need multiple layers of KSG to go more than a month or two with tight beading!

You folks who get such results with just AIO have it made, considering how easy that stuff is to use.

tom p.
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Same here, Accumulator. I`ve had no success with KAIO as a standalone product. It seemed like it was "finished" within a couple of weeks.

PerroneFord
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I`m glad to hear my results are not atypical. Any of you guys ever used Liquid Glass? Kinda curious what to expect from it.

jmkiang
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Beading isn`t very "tight" but since you only used KAIO, not bad! Beading is beading right?!

bcwang
05-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Is that even beading? That looks like the beading I would have just after washing the car with ONR with no protection at all. I guess it depends on what the original condition of the paint was with no protection.

PerroneFord
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
With no protection it was all sheeting off. car had been compounded, then had Klasse AIO put on. I did not have a finish polish at all. Straight from Megs UC to KAIO.

Accumulator
05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Is that even beading? ...

Well, it`s "time to refresh it"-level beading, but it`s still better than I`d get if *I* relied on AIO (alone) for that long.

stealthtt
05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Honestly, yes I used one layer and would touch up occasionally with a spray wax after washing in wintertime. The beading on my car was similar to yours. For the record, I applied KAIO in September and it beaded throughout the wintertime up until spring this year. This is on a DD, outside 24/7 and exposed to all the elements Maryland has to offer. I either used touchless washes or ONR/DP R&G rinseless washes. Occasionally, I would use a spray wax afterwards if the weather cooperated. I really like KAIO but have not tried KSG.

I also have put one single layer of KAIO last Oct. and washed my DD once a month plus OCW. As of right now, the beading is still there. I`m pretty sure that OCW boosts beading but nonetheless KAIO works pretty well even as LSP.

GS4_Fiend
05-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I`m planning to get Klasse Twins. Is it good with jet black paint?