PDA

View Full Version : Swirl filling question AKA Fathers day gift

black03mach
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
So for Fathers day I am going to detail my dads f150 Harley Davidson (black and swirled). The problem is this, he is like a typical car owner, washes it when its dirty, uses car soap, doesnt do the two bucket method, etc. SO when it comes to waxing a vehicle, he just wont take the time to apply polish then wax. So im curious as to what lsp and QD I could buy him to mask the swirls until I can detail his truck again ( once or twice a year).

Before everyone preaches the proper care stuff, I`ve tried teaching him, but he doesnt have the time or the patience for it!:sadwavey:

So what would you guys reccomend:2thumbs:

imported_etml12
05-15-2009, 11:34 AM
NXT2.0 has significant concealing ability. Readily available and easy to use.

jmkiang
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Zaino Z-5 Pro works pretty well on black vehicles.

Another option is an AIO... something like Zaino Z-AIO which has very light abrasive. Easy on, easy off and no LSP required.

Dsoto87
05-15-2009, 11:49 AM
The prima line is supposed to be good at filling and easy to use.

Autobalm is also supposed to be good at filling but I don`t know if its that easy to use

GS4_Fiend
05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
NXT 2.0 Tech Wax is great on black vehicles. BUT, only for protection and gloss. NOT, for hiding swirls, even with a DA. You would have to do the polishing steps to achieve it. GL!

superchargedg
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
The prima line is supposed to be good at filling and easy to use.

Autobalm is also supposed to be good at filling but I don`t know if its that easy to use

I am awaiting my Bilt-Hamber auto glym as i think they cal it now. to see what the results are.

black03mach
05-17-2009, 09:14 PM
just a quick update, since the Prima line is local to me, i went and got swirl, hydro, banana gloss, and amigo to try on my black vehicles, I was really impressed with the line.

I used to use zaino on my 03 mustang, but when i sold it i started using meguiars polishes with poorboys natty blue.

I was impressed with the cut of swirl and the ability to finish almost lsp with an orange pad on my c5 vette. The amigo was a dream to remove (compared to #7), banana gloss is weird at first but it does an awesome job.

But i was most impressed with hydro! I washed my expedition and used it as a wax as you dry and it made the car shine as if i had spent all day detailing the car. even better was the next day the shine got better. Its a synthetic sealant but has some good depth, all in all i think this is what im getting my dad for fathers day, some hydro and amigo (since its easy to put on by hand and remove)

on edit: here is a picture right after the Hydro

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii206/blackmachdown/bowser/spraywax.jpg