PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my Collinite #845?

zoomzoom3
05-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Today I used my Collinite #845 for the first time since last November. I shook the bottle well and I opened the cap and the wax was very thick at the top of the bottle. I dug that part out with my finger & put it on my pad. I go to apply more to my pad and the stuff just pours out. The rest of the bottle was almost as thin as water. I went ahead & used it anyway, and it seemed to work fine. I sprayed some water from a spray bottle onto the car & nice beads formed. Anyone else ever have this problem with their Collinite?

lamby
05-15-2009, 01:00 AM
on the bottle it says may seperate in heat, so i dunno. maybe the cap wasnt on tight and the top dried out a bit?

eyezack87
05-15-2009, 01:14 AM
The stuff in the lid would never go completely to liquid for me when it solidifies. I usually use my finger and put it into the main bottle to reshake and pour. I just accepted it as completely normal :)

Its supposed to be like water after you shake it. So be careful next time, its good stuff you don`t want to waste ;)

bwalker25
05-15-2009, 04:49 AM
The stuff in the lid would never go completely to liquid for me when it solidifies. I usually use my finger and put it into the main bottle to reshake and pour. I just accepted it as completely normal :)

Its supposed to be like water after you shake it. So be careful next time, its good stuff you don`t want to waste ;)

+1 yup what he said.....my dad knocked my bottle over last year, and wasted 3/4 of it....oh well....dont waste a good product!

Setec Astronomy
05-15-2009, 05:48 AM
845 is some weird alien material...when you get it it`s like solid and won`t come out of the bottle and then you shake it like forever and it turns to a liquid and stays that way. I think it`s from Roswell.

craigdt
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Isnt that weird? When I first got mine, I though "theres no way this paste wax can come out of a bottle!"

Its been more watery than water ever since in shook it up

SuperBee364
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
845 is some weird alien material...when you get it it`s like solid and won`t come out of the bottle and then you shake it like forever and it turns to a liquid and stays that way. I think it`s from Roswell.

LOL, yup! Looooove that alien tech! Every time I go to Harbor Freight, I go by the 845 just to turn a few of the solid bottles into liquid.

zaxjax
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I know this a bad but I did it once and got some free bottles. I asked one of the guys on the floor if the bottle was bad, since they were runny and it was supposed to be paste. He looked at me funny and started to take them off the shelf. I told him if he was going to throw them away I would take them and see if I could use them. I got four free bottles. I know my Karma level dropped that day.

zoomzoom3
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Alright, I guess this is normal for 845.

The first time I ever used it, it was thick & kind of had the consistency of snot. lol

I`ve just never seen a product that would change consistency so drastically like that.

drew.haynes
05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I know this a bad but I did it once and got some free bottles. I asked one of the guys on the floor if the bottle was bad, since they were runny and it was supposed to be paste. He looked at me funny and started to take them off the shelf. I told him if he was going to throw them away I would take them and see if I could use them. I got four free bottles. I know my Karma level dropped that day.

Best story I`ve heard, at least so far today :heelclick haha

02zx9r
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
i got 3 bottles of 845 from HF and they were all kind of solid and had the stuff at the top. I just shook them like crazy for a while and it turned into more of a liquid