PDA

View Full Version : cleaning pads

Joe's Detail
11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Whats the best way to clean pc pads?

joe :helpsmili

maximv1
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
i clean mine by dunking them in a soap bucket before i dump it out, work in the soap by hand, then spray out the soap with a garden hose spray. i never used a pressure washer, i feel it shortens the life. just my 2 cents.

TrueDetailer
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
You can soak them in soapy water and rinse them out, You can hand wash them with dawn, or you can throw them in the washer. There are so many ways you can clean pads, You can`t consider any the *best* way.

I throw all of my pads in the washer at the end of the day and then let them air dry. If i`m in desprate need of a clean pad on a job site. I`ll spray some apc on one and spray it down with my pressure washer. A few seconds at 3000rpm on my rotary and its dry.

97FLAIRSIDE
11-01-2005, 09:35 PM
i wash them down with hot water first to get any loose material off. then dump dawn on the pads, work it in and then spray down with hot water again. next i fill up a 5 gal. bucket with simple green and hot water. and throw the pads in there and let them sit for a few days then wash off again with dawn to make sure there spotless.

Mikeyc
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I just bought some Pad Rejuvinator (http://www.premiumautocare.com/dp-polishing-pad-rejuvenator.html). It may be a gimmick, but I thought I`d give it a shot. It should be here on Thursday which is good because my pads are coming on Wednesday.

Joe's Detail
11-02-2005, 01:11 AM
hey thanx guys

joe

DetailQueen
11-02-2005, 06:05 AM
I just bought some Pad Rejuvinator (http://www.premiumautocare.com/dp-polishing-pad-rejuvenator.html). It may be a gimmick, but I thought I`d give it a shot. It should be here on Thursday which is good because my pads are coming on Wednesday.
Hey I got a free sample of the WG pad rejuv. and I actually think it works great, before I used Snappy Clean, that does the job too.

DARKSTI
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
i use a little apc,let them soak, rinse, air dry.

tableturns
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I use dawn and a toothbrush to clean the pad really works well