PDA

View Full Version : m105 help

sicilykid91
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I`ve been using the m105 with soft buff red via makita 9227c and not achieving desired results. I`ve tired different speeds and pressures and i`m just not happy. I mean there is a noticeable difference but there are always these little scratches the will not polish down. It like i`m polishing and all is good and the cutting stops. I`ve tierd clean pads and priming pads, water and re-priming. Idk guys??

Scottwax
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Try switching to a wool pad.

imported_mystic04
05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Red pad is way to soft to do correction you need to get a white or orange pad . i would get at least 2 of each ,try the white first to see how it works if you need more cut go to the orange.Make sure you keep your pad clean spur after each panel or after a few small sections.

sicilykid91
05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
i had a orange pad that i bought with my pc i tired it and it worked better than that red pad. I still want more and want a quicker correction time. So what meg wool pad with the M105?

Scottwax
05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Start with the yellow Solo pad and go up in aggressiveness as needed.

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Before using a more aggressive pad try using a finishing polish to see what happens.. you might be looking at swirls/scratches made by the M105... I personally use M105 with a white LC pad which has very little bite but M105 is aggressive enough, especially with some pressure, that it works great.

sicilykid91
05-14-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah i went over with 205 and these little random scratches are still there and no matter how many times i go over it there always there. I also noticed that this pad only lasted two cars because i was so aggravated with it i wore it out. So i won`t invest in any other red pads. What is the order for wool pads? color wise that is.

Jason M
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
The SOLO yellow wool is an excellent pad. It finishes down really well for wool and has plenty of bite. I`ve been playing with a PFW lately and it is also a nice pad. I`m not sure where it`s place is yet because I still feel the need to follow with two steps to finish just as I would with the SOLO yellow wool.

Scottwax
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
What is the order for wool pads? color wise that is.

There is no industry standard for pad color. Ignore pad color and focus only on the cut. Start with the least aggressive as always.

sicilykid91
05-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Ok i just bought a meg solo yellow wool. Is that about as far as i need to go cut wise or would you go ahead and grab the meg heavy wool?