PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO vs Zaino AIO

Pages : [1] 2

Holty
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Are these two products even comparable or are the names misleading and they are actually for different uses?

I have purchased both, mostly because i`m stocking up on my supplies for spring/summer and i wanted a good AIO for my "beeter" cars because i don`t have much time to spend on them.

Which one will last longer and protect better?

Which one requires more prep?

Really, any information on either one of them would be helpful. i do plan on using both of them at some point or another...

Bert
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Klasse All In One and Zaino AIO are very comparable products generally used to clean and prep the paint and lay down a nice base for an LSP (a wax or sealant) such as Klasse Sealant Glaze or Zaino Z2 or Z5.

Klasse AIO has very little (if any?) correcting ability. Zaino he decent correcting ability for an AIO according to several users.

Being AIO`s neither are designed for outstanding durability which is the norm for AIO`s. Of those two, I believe I have read Z-AIO has better durability.

As far as which requires more prep? Well that is a difficult answer since most people would say that AIO`s ARE part of the prep for your LSP. I believe you are confusing the purpose of these two products. Traditionally people use an AIO as the last step in their prep for the sealant and/or wax.

Accumulator
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the big difference is that the KAIO is functionally nonabrasive on most paints but the Zaino AIO has a little cut to it.

scary bill
05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I have used KAIO on paint and ext. trim. I have also used in on windows to remove stubborn film and grim that normal glass cleaner won`t touch. Overall it works fine.

I have not used ZAIO, though.

Tasty
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I absolutely love KAIO. One of my all time favorite products. Brings back trim, cleans and protects glass well, and is a great base for anything. Something I will definitely always keep in my arsenal. I wish there was something OTC that was as good or almost as good.

Accumulator
05-14-2009, 12:02 PM
I have used KAIO on paint and ext. trim..

While I do like the Klasse twins on exterior (plastic) trim, I wouldn`t use ZAIO on those surfaces. It really marred up the black plastic side mirror housings on the A8 (on which KAIO works fine), took quite a bit of polishing to bring them back.

Eisen Hulk
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Agreed.

I have and use both. I would give the nod to ZAIO. It puts down a very nice looking finish, that`s pretty slick. I`ve used it by itself when in a time crunch.

While I do like the Klasse twins on exterior (plastic) trim, I wouldn`t use ZAIO on those surfaces. It really marred up the black plastic side mirror housings on the A8 (on which KAIO works fine), took quite a bit of polishing to bring them back.

Bert
05-14-2009, 12:23 PM

This is surprising. I just never would have thought of an AIO being aggressive enough to marr anything. Do you use the ZAIO by hand or by machine?

What product did you use to bring the plastic back with?

I often will use Werkstat Prime Strong and I don`t recall it marring trim. I would have assume Prime Strong would have been just as aggressive as ZAIO.

Accumulator
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
This is surprising. I just never would have thought of an AIO being aggressive enough to marr anything. Do you use the ZAIO by hand or by machine?

Sure surprised me too! I was using it by hand, not much pressure either.

What product did you use to bring the plastic back with?

The marring was more severe than you`d expect, who woulda thunk an AIO would scour it up in a big way?!?. I ended up using 3M PI-IIIRC 05933, then PI-III MG 05937 (the 05937 by itself wasn`t aggressive enough!), then 1Z Pro MP.

The idea that started the whole thing was to compare KAIO on one mirror to ZAIO on the other. Neither one held up all that great but the Zaion side stayed nice/slick longer. After a few weeks I just re-KAIOed them and applied the usual #16.

wfedwar
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Off topic a bit, but can anyone compare ZAIO with Prime Strong???

scary bill
05-15-2009, 12:53 AM

I like the KAIO to clean any oxidation off. It never seems to last long, though.

I also like t use KAIO as a base after a polishing, or if it has been a while between polishings. On my wifes DD Honda I finally polished it this spring after 3 years. I use KAIO 2 times a year otherwise.

I bought a 33oz bottle on sale, I think my grandchildren will get it in my will.

Accumulator
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I like the KAIO to clean any oxidation off. It never seems to last long, though...

Yeah, I always top it. But unlike a lot of people here I usually only use it before KSG. I use other products for the AIO-effect if I`m using a different LSP.

scary bill
05-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I always top it. But unlike a lot of people here I usually only use it before KSG. I use other products for the AIO-effect if I`m using a different LSP.

I haven`t used KSG, I have way to much stuff ATM to buy more stuff. Is KSG still considered a "nice" product? Is it still on par with all the new flavor-of-the-day stuff? :think:

Accumulator
05-16-2009, 05:16 PM
I haven`t used KSG, I have way to much stuff ATM to buy more stuff. Is KSG still considered a "nice" product? Is it still on par with all the new flavor-of-the-day stuff? :think:

IMO KSG is still a viable option and a good sealant. The way KSG leaves a clearly discernable coating on things sure says "protection" to me, and six layers holds up incredibly long on my minivan. No etching from bird-bombs/etc. either.

IMO#2 all AIO products really need some kind of durable topper.

I`d probably lean towards FK1000P if I were buying from scratch, but yeah...KSG is still a good product. Either a tin of FK1000P or a jug of KSG will last for many years.

Barry Theal
05-16-2009, 05:29 PM
wow this is a good thread considering i never used any of them before. im learning something new again, woooooooohooooooooo