PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioning Cleaner

termigator
05-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Has anybody tried it? Any thoughts? I`m thinking about trying it out on my brother`s 97` TL. The car`s A/C has smelled for years and the "spray Lysol into the outside intake vents rarely lasts more than a week. The idea behind the product seems sound. I just want to know if anybody has tried it.

Domas
05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
It worked pretty well to me. Last time I sprayed one can in Fall, the smell was neutralized completely, but now after about half year I`m starting to smell the A/C again. I think I`ll just buy another can and use it - should last through spring/summer season.

If I remember correctly, 1Z recommends using Klima-Cleaner at least twice a year (in the spring and fall).

termigator
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
It worked pretty well to me. Last time I sprayed one can in Fall, the smell was neutralized completely, but now after about half year I`m starting to smell the A/C again. I think I`ll just buy another can and use it - should last through spring/summer season.

If I remember correctly, 1Z recommends using Klima-Cleaner at least twice a year (in the spring and fall).

How many applications does one can last?

bcwang
05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
This seems like the product I need. Though there is a warning about damage on certain vehicle makes. I really would like to know which cars this is safe on and which not before I try it.

By the way, can any of you see your evaporator core so you can aim it or do you all just blindly foam away?

Mobilejay
05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
One can last one app. You spray the entire thing in there. Don`t turn it upside down or any of that stuff, and don`t shake it up. Just spray it in the middle vents untill the whole can is gone. Works pretty well, the first 24 hours are very potent. VERY POTENT!

Bcwang, call up 1Z they are very nice people and will answer any questions you have. Let them know your concerns and they should be able to point you in the right direction. I have contacted them about a few of their products and always hang up the phone happy with the conversation, and no, you just blindly foam away into the middle vents.

termigator
05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Good thing I bought two cans.:spot

Chris@Optimum
05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I`ve used it and like it very much. AG has a american made product that is similar and cheaper.

termigator
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I`ve used it and like it very much. AG has a american made product that is similar and cheaper.

Really? Didn`t know that. Do you know what it`s called? I just got the Klima-Klean along with their BOGO Poorboy`s stuff today.

percynjpn
05-15-2009, 05:35 AM
I haven`t tried it, but I plan to. One thing that many people overlook when they`re trying to get rid of bad AC smell is replacing the AC filter. If the car is equiped with them, the manual should say so. That is def. the most important thing for improving the smell in the cabin, esp. if it still has the original(s). In that case, the improvement will be immediate and last for years.

Domas
05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
How many applications does one can last?

I remember there was a thread about Klima-Cleaner on Autopia. The guy from 1Z mentioned that you can get ~3 applications from one can, if you have clear access to evaporator and spray on it directly. If spraying through center vents - yep, only one application.

But I was thinking - what if I spray half of the can via the vent, do all the instructions, and then after a few hours repeat the procedure with the rest of the can - maybe the evaporator will be cleaned better, hence the foam will have two "sessions" to react and stay longer - or is this a very stupid idea?:nixweiss

bcwang
05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
It sounds like it would be a good idea if you knew each half-can is covering the whole evaporator. Otherwise I`d think one application covering the whole thing vs 2 applications that don`t, will be better. Of course since we can`t see what`s going on down there, it`s all a guess whether you are even hitting it or not. Maybe they want you to use the whole can at once so that the foam fills in all the space down there for a better chance of covering the evaporator core.