PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Final Finish Polish, what pad and other questions

steelwind101
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello Guys

Im going to pick some of this up purely as a third step to amp up gloss on my own personally car, not for money making reasons. Can you help with my questions?

1) I have the Meguiars DA (badged G220 in the UK) what Lake Country Pad do you recommend? The light cut?

2) What speed to work the polish? 5?

3) The bottle says to remove the product with water if there is residue that does not remove easily, any specific reason for water? I would normally use a Meguiars Quik Detailer or Mothers Showtime.

4) Any other hints?

Thanks

Geoff

HappyWax
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
LC red pads are nice to finesse a lot of guys like the grey though (I have not used the ultra soft gold though)-Red has no cut, it is to finish - I`ve used Optimum polish II and I see very little need for the finish polish. But that is just my opinion.

imported_FJF
05-14-2009, 05:34 AM
I really didn`t care for Optimum`s Finish Polish, as it welded itself to the paint making removal a chore. It was an armbuster for me. I guess if it achieved superior results, I`d put up with it, but it did no better than UF on a red pad. FWIW, UF is a pleasure to work with.

DM101
05-14-2009, 05:58 AM
+1 I did not like it either. UF or PO85RD gives me better results. Optimum makes some great products, this is just one I don`t care for.

I really didn`t care for Optimum`s Finish Polish, as it welded itself to the paint making removal a chore. It was an armbuster for me. I guess if it achieved superior results, I`d put up with it, but it did no better than UF on a red pad. FWIW, UF is a pleasure to work with.

steelwind101
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok thanks guys, its a little 8oz sample bottles im going to throw it on an order so i will give it a shot!

So do you all mostly think a non cut pad is the way to go? The bottle suggests to use a pad with some cut. Also, the place where im buying only offers the LC blue finnessing pad....what is the difference?

Normally i only use Meguiars Pads but this place only sells LC.

Another question; I know its for finishing but is it a cleaner polish? I know the weakest of the Sonus products does not have any cleaners. Does Optimum Final Finish?

Thanks

Geoff

:brit