PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on order. Pro advice please

dc5itr329
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey guys I`m going to make a big order soon and i want to get some feedback. These are the things I have in my cart. I already have a makita coming and have the 3m backplate. Clay isn`t listed in there because I have it as well Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Optimum Metal Polish 8 oz

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel 8 oz

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32 oz.

Optimum Car Wax 128 oz. Refill

Optimum Opti-Seal Free Bonus!

Optimum Finish Polish 32 oz.

Optimum Polish II 32 oz. New & Improved!

Optimum Compound II 32 oz. New & Improved!

32 oz. Optimum Poli-Seal

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 FREE BONUS

Orange Light Cutting CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

White Polishing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

Green Polishing/Finishing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

Gray Finishing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

Blue Finessing CCS Smart Padsâ„¢ DA 5.5 inch Foam Pad

1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment

3M Scotch 233+ Premium Automotive Masking Tape 18 mm x 32 m

Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner Combo

The Grit Guard Insert - Black

3M Detailing Spray Bottle 32 oz. X3

tom p.
05-13-2009, 01:27 PM
You can help yourself by helping others. Are you working on 100 cars or just 1? If just 1, what kind of car is it ;)

MrCLRider
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
where are your microfibers at?? Both general purpose and paint only??

Sorry if this is a noob question, but what is this for:

AC treatment?? why would you need that?

dc5itr329
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
You can help yourself by helping others. Are you working on 100 cars or just 1? If just 1, what kind of car is it ;)

Sorry. But this is for my Acura RSX. I work on my parents and sis`s car as well. So about 4 cars total.

dc5itr329
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
where are your microfibers at?? Both general purpose and paint only??

Sorry if this is a noob question, but what is this for:

AC treatment?? why would you need that?

I have microfibers already. The ac treatment is for cars with a smelly ac. I saw it and decided to try it out.

tom p.
05-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Sorry. But this is for my Acura RSX. I work on my parents and sis`s car as well. So about 4 cars total.

No problem, just trying to make a suggestion to get at the heart of your questions/concerns.

Is Acura paint as soft as Honda paint? What are the other marques you`ll work on?

dc5itr329
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
No problem, just trying to make a suggestion to get at the heart of your questions/concerns.

Is Acura paint as soft as Honda paint? What are the other marques you`ll work on?

yea Honda/acura paint is generally soft. i`m also working on toyotas and I think their paint is soft as well.

dc5itr329
05-14-2009, 12:21 AM
alright guys gonna put this order in if no other person has any comments

tom p.
05-14-2009, 06:05 AM
I don`t want to put you off, it sounds like you are on a mission to make a major purchase. For the record, I`m not a `pro", but more of a hack(er) ;) Don`t get me wrong, I`m a big fan of Optimum, but I`d be ordering a very different line-up of products. Probably some Meguiars, the #105/#205 combo. I`d likely buy a top-shelf sealant (Collinite 476S or FK1 1000p), for example. I guess if I was going to play around with carnaubas, I`d add a basic product in that slot.

Are you on a major rescue/recovery mission or are the subject cars generally well-cared for, in excellent shape?

I trust you alread own a PC.

Wheel cleaner? APC?

I pray you aren`t going to practice with the Makita on these soft paints.

I can`t comment much on all the pads. I`ve got boxes of pads in my basement, some of which I`ve never used. Others I have no idea where they were purchased. They all seem to get the job done at the end of the day.

The other miscellaneous stuff looks OK. I guess I`d suggest adding a Gilmour to the list unless you`re in an area where you can`t use it.

I think the others are just being shy about sharing their thoughts...and this thread has been done about 655 times this past year, so they grow weary of repsonding. I`m just against loading up on a ton of stuff you may use once.

My `08 w/soft paint:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3955/67556396.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3065/77344678.jpg

Working on this paint has forced me to re-think a lot of things about caring for this finish, it`s been a revelation.

tom p.
05-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Have a look here, you may pick up a few ideas: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/116836-imo-what-new-guys-should-get-nowadays.html