PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To the 1Z Product Line ?

HondaMan
11-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I loved the Einszett Cockpit Premium for light cleaning but can`t find it on any of my detailing sites (not sure where I got it from, last bought last year).

Anybody know who carries the stuff ?

JaCkaL829
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
For some reason or another they cut most of their online vendors off. There was big debates over this on DC and Autopia about it last year.

As for your question Ranney still carries the full 1Z line.
www.pakshak.com

Leyland
11-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Gotta love the google cache!

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:Q9yNfYfaoF0J:www.autopia-carcare.com/just-say-no.html+david+bynon+1z&hl=en

tubafeak
11-01-2005, 01:46 PM
About a year ago the company decided to sell exclusively through their domestic distributors and their own internet site. For reference, all of their domestic distributors are in Germany so it`s a bit hard to get over on this side of the pond. I think their site is in german so I guess if you can read it you could order it from there. PakShak has it all so that`s probably the best way to get it now.

edschwab1
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Have you contacted 1z-usa.com about where you can purchase their products? Mike is pretty good about answering e-mails. Do a google search and you will find places which sell the product you are looking for.

Eric

HondaMan
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks, guys...I really like the Cockpit Premium although they seemed to have cut their friends who helped them when they were unknown off at the knees. I might look into alternatives (any suggestions?) but even if I order this will be the only stuff I buy from 1Z.

Like to do my buying through our own sponsors, probably 80%-plus has been through DC.com sponsors.

HondaMan
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I am thinking of staying with Poorboys NL to keep the business with DC sponsors.

But Poorboys NL is more of a "gel" (it`s thicker) and I haven`t used my older bottle with a spritz applicator. Does it work OK through the sprayer (I used to just squeez it out for use on seats).

If I`m going to use it on all the interior, I`d like to be able to spray.

I believe it`s OK for all interiors, so I should be OK with vinyl, leather, plastic, etc.

tubafeak
11-04-2005, 06:58 AM
You might want to try DP`s interior detailer. It seems to fit the bill for what you want it to do and you can get it through the sponsors. NL is good too but I think it would fall under a different classification then Cockpit Premium.

HondaMan
11-04-2005, 11:46 PM
You might want to try DP`s interior detailer. It seems to fit the bill for what you want it to do and you can get it through the sponsors. NL is good too but I think it would fall under a different classification then Cockpit Premium.

DP`s ??????

CharlesW
11-05-2005, 12:32 AM
DP`s ??????Probably Detailers Pride.
Take a look here. (http://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html)

Charles

Mr. Clean
11-05-2005, 02:44 PM
...But Poorboys NL is more of a "gel" (it`s thicker) and I haven`t used my older bottle with a spritz applicator. Does it work OK through the sprayer (I used to just squeez it out for use on seats).

(Bold empahsis is mine, not the original poster`s)

:eek: Has NL been reformulated? My product is a liquid (vs. gel) which I spray either full strength or diluted (with distilled water).

HondaMan
11-07-2005, 11:41 PM
(Bold empahsis is mine, not the original poster`s)

:eek: Has NL been reformulated? My product is a liquid (vs. gel) which I spray either full strength or diluted (with distilled water).

It`s viscous, maybe gel isn`t the right word. I`ll re-check this week but I do remember it wasn`t coming out like a thin liquid.

HondaMan
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I just bought alot of PB NL -- I started using a spritz spray and it`s close to the 1Z stuff in terms of spreadability. Plus it dries OK and smells nice. Also, I`d rather give the business to our sponsors and Poorboy.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how much "protectant and UV absorbers" are in cleaners like this as opposed to a 100%-protectant like 303 ?

I figure I`ll use just the PB during the winter and maybe use the combo in the Spring/Summer when the sun is alot more of a problem.