PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Sampler

Less
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Like many, I have amassed an unnecessarily large arsenal of detailing supplies. My relentless addiction to trying out the latest products; coupled with the inhibition of only having two cars to work on has generated several basement shelves full of half-used polish bottles and wax jars.

Ideally, I would like to buy all of my detail products in volumes small enough to do a car 2-3 times and that`s it. So I`m considering this:

Dodo Juice Fantastic Four Wax Sample Kit, Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Hard Wax, Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-fantastic-four.html)

Basically I think this will give me enough different wax combinations to keep me entertained all summer on my black CR-V and dark blue Sienna.

Questions:

I know you put the soft wax on top of the hard wax. Is supernatural hard or soft?

Would Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite be the right product to prep the paint before application of a new wax combo?

I read somewhere that the hard waxes were meant for machine application only. Is that true?

What if I wanted to use a glaze like Megs #7? Would that go on before any wax? Or could I use it in between the hard and soft waxes? Even if it helps the appearance only slightly, I would still like to use up what I have.

craigdt
05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
1. Medium, imo. Probably closer to the harder side.

2. Depends on how damaged your paint is. The Lite has no abrasives in it. If you have perfectly corrected paint, you probably just want the Lite version.

3. No. But you can certainly use a machine with them.

4. You can layer #7 any way you like, but remember its not a durable product. I would do it in this order: #7, soft wax, hard wax.

Now, do I think the whole soft wax/hard wax is a little played up? Yes. But it makes a certain amount of sense. Personally, I think you will be very pleased with a simple coat of Supernatural on top of a well prepped paint.

Good luck.

JohnZ3MC
05-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I just put on a layer of the sampler Supernatural on top of Poorboys Black Hole.

I thought the look of the Black Hole looked great. I was shocked at the improvement made by the Supernatural. Simply stunning.

Applied by hand/fingers so a little went a very long way and buffed with a Cobra Shamrock. There`s enough Supernatural left over to do another 5 or 6 layers on the M Coupe (red).

It rained the next day so the patina of crud is hiding the super shine until the next dry day.

You`re going to like the Supernatural sampler for sure - I haven`t tried the others.

-John C.

Showroom Shine
05-12-2009, 05:10 AM
I put a coat of Supernatural over Souveran Paste. What a Big difference a wax makes. I love Souveran and it does a Fantastic job,but after the Supernatural was applied on top,I have a deeper and wetter looking shine!

imported_FJF
05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Like many, I have amassed an unnecessarily large arsenal of detailing supplies. My relentless addiction to trying out the latest products; coupled with the inhibition of only having two cars to work on has generated several basement shelves full of half-used polish bottles and wax jars.

Ideally, I would like to buy all of my detail products in volumes small enough to do a car 2-3 times and that`s it.

While I can`t comment on the products you`re interested in, perhaps next season, I`ll second the need for smaller sizes. I mostly work on my own cars, and will occasionally detail a car for a fellow enthusiast. As such, I would love to buy 2-6oz containers of various products. Hell, I`d be more than willing to pay a relative premium for such a service, just as I gladly paid $5 a piece for 4oz Optimum samples. I`m willing to bet there are many more folks like us. An enterprising vendor could do well by offering their wares in smaller sizes.