PDA

View Full Version : Best products for outside use in sun??

Pages : [1] 2

AUMaxima
05-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey guys and girls,

I used to post here a good bit ago in high school when I was literally obsessed with keeping my Maxima in tip top shape and detailing became one of my passions. I went off to college and got away from detailing, but now graduated and I`m ready to jump in again.

Here`s my question. I live in an apartment where there is no readily available cover to detail my Xterra in and need to restock my inventory. I`m looking for some of the best products that will be the safest to use outside, potentially in the sun.

What I`m looking for is: a cleaner wax, pure carnauba wax (by hand/machine), light polish (by hand), then a couple of machine polishes (think i`m covered with SSR1 and SSR2).

Here`s what I have right now:

-Meg`s cleaner wax

-Meg`s #26

-Meg`s #16

-PB SSR1

-PB SSR2

-Autoglym EGP

-Autoglym SRP

After doing some research, I know Poor Boy products are safe to use in the sunlight. So I`m thinking, I need to pick up some Natty`s and one of their polishes that`s great to use by hand.

Any recommendations? I`m ready to be bitten by the detailing bug once again :waxing:

:thx

imported_Larry A
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Duragloss products can be used in the sun.

jam
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Optimum polishes supposedly can be used in the sun. Prima makes Banana Gloss Spray Wax which can be used in the sun.

corrswitch
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
From my research, it was Poorboy`s, some Optimum products and it cannot be too hot, the TW Ice line and Duragloss AW.

Scottwax
05-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Optimum`s polishes work great in the sun. Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose is fine even on black cars in the sun on 100 degree days.

eddie926
05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I haven`t tried them yet, but what about Poorboy`s World products? One of their main promotion points on Autogeek is the ability to use them in the sun. Anybody have any experience with them?

corrswitch
05-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I haven`t tried them yet, but what about Poorboy`s World products? One of their main promotion points on Autogeek is the ability to use them in the sun. Anybody have any experience with them?

I only have spray and gloss and spray and wipe from them.

They`re okay in the sun but it cannot get too hot.

Converted to Fahrenheit that it it should exceed 90.

Otherwise, I can see it evaporating immediately before my eyes on black paint.

Sorry, I don`t have a polish.

eyezack87
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Prima Banana Gloss, as stated earlier is fully capable of being used in the sun. No matter what temperature its at, it will always instantly haze :)

longdx
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I have used PB`s Polish with Sealant and PB`s Black Hole directly in the Sun with no problems. I haven`t tried but heard Pinnacle and Prima products can be used as well.

Bunky
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I would think the most important aspect is the temperature of the paint. I have seen some products not advertised as full sun work in the work in full sun.

HappyWax
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
The Pinnicle`s XMT line on autogeek is worth checking out. I was skeptical at first because I thought their packaging looked gimicky but after using XMT 360. Whoa.

By far one of the big surprises as far how well the stuff works -and it was all developed under the Florida sun.

WaxManRonnie
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Poorboys works just fine in the sun. I had 3 black cars and no issues

on hot days if I felt like staying out of the garage.

wfedwar
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Ultrafina, Z8...

wascallyrabbit
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
optimum, clearkote and the finish kare have worked.

H.E.D
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
how about system one?