PDA

View Full Version : Help with Leather

jking
05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I amlooking for a good Leather Cleaner that wont break the bank, I have tried Lexol and wasnt happy with the cleaning ability. Need a go to cleaner that works.:thx

BigJimZ28
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
search woolite

kustomsol
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
If you are just after a cleaner, try a dilute solution of Woolite (5 - 10%). Spray on, scrub with a terrycloth towell or wash cloth, then rinse with water and apply a conditioner. I prefer Zaino`s Leather in a Bottle (Z-10); 303`s protectant is also a good choice, but doesn`t have that new leather scent.

honkeybizkit
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
If you are looking for a general light duty leather cleaner, I agree Woolite is pretty good. Also Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner and Conditoner is a good product that does just as advertised, but keep in mind it is a very light cleaner.

For the very dirty leathers I have had good results with APC, and if need be *very lightly* scrubbing with a magic eraser (try a small spot first).

My "go to" is usually diluted woolite and a horsehair brush. The brush seems to foam up the solution and lift the dirt off the surface and I just wipe it up with a MF. I really want a steamer though.

For dressing the leather I have been using Optimum Protectant on all plastics and leather. Very economical when it is $35/gal. and leaves a nice silky, satin sheen.

here`s a brush similar to what I have

Horse Hair Interior Brush (http://autogeek.net/natural-horse-hair-interior-upholstery-brush.html)

jking
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks Guys.